Serving Carnegie and the surrounding areas…
We are local hair restoration experts!
Call now for a free consultation!
Call hours… 24/7
Hair Transplant Doctors in Carnegie
Brief Article Teaches You the Ins and Outs of Hair Loss Treatment and What You Should Do Today
Hair loss is a hard thing for anybody to grapple with, and women specifically. While it is typically thought to be a male problem, it is also something that affects women as well. It is a problem of several people. Hair loss is crucial to avoid, but a lot of people find that it’s difficult, this is a cure to assist.
Hair loss is a typical problem which is frequently experienced by both women and men and can be brought about by quite a few distinct things including poor diet plan and genetics. It is not cured with just a month or two into any treatment. It is not just a simple appearance problem. The loss of hair because of nutrient-deficient condition can be corrected with the correct diet including adequate heights of all important minerals and vitamins.
Hair can start to fall out for a lot of reasons. It can be extremely frustrating and difficult, if you want to quit losing hair, to purchase plenty of different products which do not do the job. Beautiful and healthful hair enhances your personality.
Top Hair Loss Treatment Secrets
The main cause of hair loss is called androgenetic alopecia. It is one of the most common problems experienced by men and women all over the world. It will probably halt the loss of hair in most of men, but the quantity of regrowth will be dependent on the person.
Humans have tried every imaginable thing to stop hair loss and regrow lost hair. They rubbed the juices of all vegetables and fruits, and extracts of every available herb. Yet, they were unable to find any effective hair growth treatment. Undoubtedly there are numerous natural and herbal treatments for hair growth, but almost all lack systematic studies. If we ever hope to grow hair by natural means, we need to study natural remedies thoroughly. And even those with proven effects need a lot of time and patience to be effective. Another thing that makes natural remedies the least preferred choice in this age of technology is their temporary results. Hairs grown through natural sources do not long last, and start shedding off as soon as the use is discontinued.
For now, we have three types of hair growth treatments that help regrow hair in a natural manner restore a thicker and fuller head of hair. These include medical treatment, laser therapy, and surgical hair restoration.
Medical Hair Growth Treatment
There are a few options available to treat this through medications. Actually, these treatments produce better results if you take them in combination with one another. Let us have a look at these FDA-approved effective hair loss medicines.
• Finasteride: Finasteride is the generic name of the probably most effective hair loss drug. This drug treats hair loss by inhibiting production of hair killing hormone DHT. DHT (dihydrotestosterone) is the most important hormone that signals the hair follicles to die – the most common cause of Androgenic Alopecia or male pattern baldness. To date, inhibiting this hormone is the most effective way to stop hair loss. Besides controlling hair loss, this medication thickens fine hair, and this produces considerable effect.
• Minoxidil: It is the second most effective treatment. It is supplied in the form of a topical solution. Minoxidil is also a generic name; famous brand names of this medication include Rogaine and Hair Max. You need to apply this solution on the scalp twice a day, or as prescribed by the doctor and massage for a few minutes.
• Ketoconazole: This medication is supplied as a shampoo-like solution. This encourages hair growth by keeping the scalp clean from fungus and dandruff. You need to use this as a shampoo twice a week, and leave the leather for 3-5 minutes on your head.
No doubt researchers have studied these medications and found them effective, they are not perfect yet. First, their effectiveness varies from person to person. One may find it very effective while another may find it minimally effective. Second, the effects of all medications are temporary. You will maintain your hair as long as you continue the use of these medications. Whenever you decide to discontinue the treatment, you will lose your hair maintained by these medications. Third, like all other medication, hair loss medication is not without side effects. You must discuss its side effects before starting the treatment.
Low-Level Laser Therapy
Low-level laser is showing some measurable results to stimulate hair growth. Currently, it is regarded as convenient alternative of medication with fewer side effects. However, its effectiveness is an issue of debate. Until now, it is unable to show dramatic improvement in hair density.
Surgical Hair Growth Treatment-Hair Transplant
Hair transplant is to date the most effective treatment to date. It can restore hair on balding places in an effective and predictable manner. Hair transplant extracts healthy, balding resistant hair follicles form one area of the head and plants them to the balding areas. Not all hairs on our head are prone to balding. While the hair at the front and crown of the head are prone to hair loss, hair at the sides and back of the head are resistant to it. This procedure makes excellent use of these hair reserves on our head.
• Follicular Unit Transplant: Also known as the strip removal method, FUT excises a strip of scalp, usually from the back of the head, and dissects is to obtain required hair follicles. The wound is stitched together and the grafts obtained from the strip and implanted on the thinning or bald areas.
• Follicular Unit Extraction: FUE is a relatively newer and more advanced technique replacing the traditional strip removal method. This technique involves extracting the hair follicles directly from the scalp, without cutting and stitching the scalp. The follicles are extracted using a specially designed punch tool with diameter less than 0.1 mm. What makes FUE a more preferred choice of surgeons and patients is its ability to extract hair follicles form body areas like chest, armpits, and legs as well.
• Stem Cell FUE: Stem Cell FUE is the latest advancement in FUE hair transplant. It is the quickest, safest and the most effective hair transplant technique to date. It uses an automated punch tool for extraction of hair follicles at the fastest possible speed. It also allows hair regrowth at the donor area, thus ensuring the most natural looking results.
A hair transplant has only one limitation: the availability of donor hair. At present, there is no way to create new hair follicles; therefore, the patient must have healthy, balding resistant hair follicles somewhere on the scalp or the body. Fortunately, most of us have enough donor hair on the scalp or on the body to create a dramatic improvement in hair density.
Video: Male Hair Loss Treatment in Carnegie
In a recent survey, it was found that men fear losing their hair, either by it thinning, receding or by going bald completely, will make them unattractive in the eyes of others. It seems that lots of men worry about what others think about their hair loss. The survey revealed that Carnegie Oklahoma men who have bald fathers tend to keep their own hair short, so that if the hair begins to fall out it wouldn’t be such a shock to lose it all.
There are three general patterns of male pattern hair loss, and men can experience one of these patterns of hair loss or a mixture of all three:
- A receding hairline is one of the most common hair loss patterns, where the hair is lost at the temples, either side of the forehead, usually leaving a mound in the middle. This may sometimes be the only area of hair loss, but others may experience thinning at the crown as well.
- Some men will experience their hair thinning at the crown, which is at the back or top of the head. This can occur by itself or coincide with a receding hairline. Usually hair loss starts with thinning at the crown until the scalp becomes visible, and in time a bald patch may appear. This bald patch may grow wider until it meets the receding hairline, or it may stay at the top or back of the head and spread outwards in all directions to produce a circular baldness.
- General thinning spreads evenly over the top of the scalp, and men will not get a distinct receding hairline or a thinning crown. With general thinning, the onset of hair loss is less obvious and takes longer to notice.
One method of restoring hair to a follically challenged head is the FUE hair transplant technique. FUE involves taking healthy hair follicles from the scalp one by one and grafting them into the bald areas of the head. The Carnegie OK surgeon transplants hair follicles into the same slot that contained previous hair, giving it a better chance of settling in permanently. This method of transplanting is very intricate and it requires special attention and care. This means the treatment is completed over a number of sessions and not performed in one long exhausting procedure. The grafts usually take in a few days and the redness caused by the treatment settles in under a week.
FUE hair transplants are very popular as:
- They deliver more natural-looking results.
- The treatment is less painful than other methods.
- Downtime is minimal.
In most cases, once you receive the aesthetics, you’ll only feel minimal discomfort during the procedure. With the FUE hair transplant technique, visible scarring on the scalp is negligible. FUE transplant procedures are less painful compared to earlier transplant treatments and they tend to produce more natural looking results.
Carnegie Oklahoma Hair Implants Cost
Call for an appointment today!
Some Common Q & A’s
What Are Some Hair Loss Treatments?
My Mom Has Been Losing Hair, And She Is In Her Late 40'S. She'S Tried Not Washing Her Hair With Shampoo For About Two Weeks And That Hasn'T Worked. Are There Any Home Treatments, Vitamins, Or Anything Else For Her To Stop Losing Hair, It'S Been Going On For A Couple Of Months. It Was Kind Of Sudden. I Don'T Think Hair Transplants Is The Solutions. I Really Want To Help Her, It Has Been Brining Her Down. She Eats Well, Exercises Daily, A Little Stressed. Please Help, Thanks!
Diets rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin B, silica, calcium, and iron help to reduce or prevent hair loss.
For women, hair loss usually begins at menopause. Although hair loss in females normally occurs after the age of 50 or later when it does not follow events like pregnancy, chronic illness, crash diets, and stress among others, there have been rare cases reported in which hair loss affects women as young as 15 or 16. Ultimately, though, the balding process and rate vary from person to person. Whether it is slow or rapid, the individual would usually notice the first signs of hair loss. Thinning hair on the top and sides of the scalp is the most prevalent and immediately noticeable symptom.
Factors such as a person’s activities, diet, medications, natural hormones, pregnancy and childbirth, use of birth control pills, improper hair care and certain diseases can also contribute to hair loss. The extent to which these factors affect an individual varies from one person to the next. While chemical treatments, pollution, hair-styling products and blow-drying have not been found to directly cause hair loss, they can dry and weaken hair, increasing breakage and perpetuating hair loss. A lack of good blood circulation to the scalp may also contribute to hair loss. When the hair root is well supplied with blood it is stronger and less susceptible to the shrinking effects caused by hormone DHT (dihydrotestosterone). When not, the roots and follicles can weaken and eventually lead to hair falling out.
However, to precisely pinpoint the source of the hair loss, your mom should consult a medical professional, like those at Bosley Medical. These physicians are hair loss experts who can diagnose the specific cause of your case & recommend appropriate treatment options. The consults at Bosley Medical are conducted free of charge so at the very least you receive the information your mom needs to move forward in addressing her problem.
Which Is The Best Treatment For Hair Growth And Hair Restoration?
I Am Looking For A Very Good Treatment For Hair Growth And Restoration With No Major Side Effects..
So much depends on the cause of the hair loss. If it's 'male pattern' baldness then there's not much hope but if it isn't then your doctor can help
Ways To Stop Male Pattern Baldness?
Ok I Am 17 And I Am Going Bald, It Runs In The Family, Half My Cousins Lost Their Hair Before College, I Sent My Sister A Pic The Other Day And When We Talked About It She Said She Was Shocked By How Much I Lost So... Any Way To Keep It In Or Slow It Down? I Don'T Believe In Those Commercial Products Though, If They Were Legit They Would Have A Better Commercial Because They Would Of Had Made A Fortune And Updated Their Advertisments.
You have two options to stop male pattern baldness:
1. Stop getting older. As this would require dying, I do not reccomend it.
2. Rogaine or a similar minoxidil-based product. The manufacturers of Rogaine HAVE made a fortune.
Hair plugs are expensive, painful, and not indicated for a man your age.
An alternative is to shave your head and be bald. Some women dig that, especially if you have the confidence to pull it off. If you're white, you run the risk of looking like a skinhead, which you don't want to do, so try to make some Black or Latino friends first.
How Did You Treat Hair Loss?
My Hair Is Falling Out Intensively For May Be 2 Years, I Made Checked Hormones They Are Ok, I Have No Problems With Digestion, I Don'T Think I Lack Vitamins. Did You Have This Problem? How Did You Treat It?
I've never have hair loss.
TEENS WHY THEY HAVE HAIR FALLS:
Reasons why that might have happened, below is a short form of why.
1. During the last 3 years, OK 2, how have you been styling or have you been straightening & dyeing or highlighting your hair?
Google FDA website Hair dye & relaxers. Those are 75% the reason why.
2. Have you been taking supplements or using hair oil? Supplements ($42 billions are wasted and could hurt your lungs, liver, organs even HAIR LOSS). FDA has found that from face creams to soaps and other items of personal care, cosmetics companies are taking the general public for a ride. Oil could be coming from eels or shark. Another 5% why. CNN, Slate, Consumer Reports, MSN, YAHOO have posted them online for years how people spend $20 billion per year on vitamins and supplements. According to Everyday Health, here's an article that will tell you why . . . those PRODUCTS by any other name do NOT WORK. It is false advertisements. Google: Are Supplements Good For You? About 3,350,000,000 results results (0.13 seconds). Google: Are vitamins & supplements good for you? About 230,000,000 results (0.14 seconds) Some can actually shorten your life! The Food & Drug do not approve of them!
3. Have you been stressed out or changed your diet? Genetics of balding runs in your family? Another 10% why.
4. Have you been taking medications with testosterone, certain antidepressants, menopause, anti-acne? Even birth control pills can cause hair loss. The medication most often prescribed for thyroid disorders can actually cause hair loss. Another 10% why you have hair falls. All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects.
Eliminate the cause and your hair will improve.
5. Google "Boise teen goes on Today Show to talk about losing her hair." She's got Alopecia, 100% why you have hair loss.
Dove hairfall facts:
1. Humidity makes hair dry and brittle, leading to hairfall
2. Colouring the hair damages the hair strands leading to breakage
3. Pollution is also an unseen killer of healthy hair
4. Tangled hair is the most common reason for hair fall
5. While shampooing cleanses your hair, regular conditioning is required for adequate moisturization. Regular use of conditioner post shampoo also solves the problem of entangling which is the major cause of hairfall.
For women: A simple blood test can reveal the root of the problem. Unfortunately, those who do see a physician right away make the mistake of going to a dermatologist rather than their primary care physician. Most dermatologists will review the physical signs of hair loss and diagnose it as female pattern baldness. Your primary care physician will run tests to diagnose the problem so you can take steps to correct it.
Eliminate cause and your hair will improve. Not overnight, it could take weeks, months, even years, since it took that long to start the hair loss.
If you think they're from your beauty or hair products:
Take it back to where you bought it.
Stop using it ASAP.
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs & cosmetics to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Google: Glossary of Hair Loss Terms. There are 179 entries in this glossary. Stress is just one of the 179 listed.
Again, a simple rule of thumb: Look for the American Hair Loss Association seal when considering purchasing any product or service to treat your hair loss.
> > > ONE treatment called DNCB -- applying an ointment that burns the scalp in hopes of stimulating hair growth. It was a treatment so painful that her head was at times left feeling raw.
Negative experienced: Advance Hair Studio - Fraud Company posted 1-8-12 & others.
Treatment For Dog Swollen Ears And Losing Hair?
My Dog Use To Hide Under The Bed And Dark Places. Now Maybe Of Mosquito Bite Or Using Excess Dry Shampoo, She Is Suffering From Swollen Ears And Losing Hair.
I Would Like To Know What Treatment I Should Give My Dog. Thanks...:)
It sounds more like a yeast infection than anything else. But you should get the vet to rule out a bacterial infection.
Is she scratching, have red eyes or getting thickened skin where she is losing hair? These can be sure sign of yeast.
This can be really hard to get rid of in the long term, One thing to try is 1 part apple cider vinegar mixed with 3 parts water. Use this to clean her ears and wash down with after a bath or in her itchy spots. Continue the ear drops daily for at least two weeks and then use twice a week after that.
Another thing that seems to work well is a product called Zymox. I'm in Australia and had to order mine from the US but it seems to be working really well.
One of the best things you can do to help prevent yeast issues is to not feed your dog any grains or high carb vegetables. This is harder than it sounds as most commercial foods use these as fillers. My dogs don't get any commercial food at all; I feed then a carnivore diet of meat, meaty bones and organs.
How Do I Re Grow My Lost Hair And What Is The Best Treatment To Prevent It?
Actually Getting straight answers about hair loss treatments can be almost as frustrating as losing your hair. And since most companies have only one solution, they'll do whatever they can to convince you that it's the only one that's right for you.
The reality is that each man's hair loss is different. Some guys are great candidates for hair transplant surgery, others prefer the lifestyle advantages of the hair replacement process, and some simply want to prevent their existing hair from thinning any further. No matter what kind of hair loss you have, it's an ongoing process that changes over time.
That's why Hair Loss Black Book, offers a variety of treatment options, each with a track record verified by extensive testing and hundreds of thousands of satisfied customers. click to read more www.bit.ly/hairlos
Can You Reverse Or Stop Hereditary Hair Loss?
My Hubby Is Still In His 20'S And His Hair Is Already Receding. Is There Anyway To Stop Or Improve This Naturally???
Yes you can!This NATURAL, safe remedy stops thinning & loss almost straight away and forces new growth. My hair has completely regrown on crown. Where receded at front regrowth is slower, but has grown a lot and though sparse at beginning, each month it becomes denser. Massage thoroughly with natural oils - olive oil is excellent - then brush vigorously using a brush with stiff short bristles so you really feel it stimulating scalp (90 /100 strokes or even more each day focusing on where loss is). Will unplug blocked hair ducts indicated by painful small spots like pimples and a cause of hair loss and It will grow faster, thicker and It will force the new growth. Brushing before you apply oil is equally OK. A little shedding and breakage may occur at first but quickly stops as hair gets anchored and stronger. Initially hairs will be weak looking and sparse. Don't be concerned if brushing uproots them as they will re-appear even stronger. It demands perseverance week in, week out to get the same results. I've found most do not persevere and so fail to get them.
Genetics probably are a factor in hair loss. My immediate family members have severe loss. I believe this treatment saved me from the same fate. Try it you will be happy that you did!
SOURCE(S): 20+ years research, self experimentation using natural treatments to cure skin, scalp and hair disorders.
What Can I Use To Regrow Lost Hair ?
Everyday I Loose A Lot Of Hair, My Hair Falls Out A Lot And On The Sides U Can See The Bald Parts Its Really Embarrassing And I Stress Out A Lot
well, first to prevent hair loss..
make sure you do not brush your hair while it's wet.. not only can it cause breakage but damager and spilt ends. wet hair = weak hair, so wait until it's dry. when your hair is dry, use a wide comb and gently brush from the ends and work your way up a bit at a time, to insure that you dont accidently rip out tangled hair.
a way to grow hair naturally is to massage your scalp (w/ some coconut oil or any other oils..i use SOFTEE coconut oil as well as SOFTEE indian hemp, for faster growth of hair since i already have my hair long but want it even longer and more healthy. the SOFTEE products come in a little clear bottle and can be found at Walgreens for $1 each.. great, if you ask me.) after massaging them into the scalp please try to leave in for entire day. (you might want to do this over night, if you cant leave the oils in during the day). then, rinse out with shampoo and a good amount of conditioner. i personally do this everyday, even though the bottles say 2-3 times per week.
another way to grow hair naturally is to grab a few hibiscus leaves or flower... and have them soak in a bowl of water (soak over night). in the morning, squeeze out the water from the leaves, and use the water (w/ the hibiscus oils and such) to apply all over the head. let it soak into your scalp for as long as you can (meaning, an entire day would be ideal). then wash out. (i got this remedy from my mexican aunt.. and she has beautiful, long luxurious curls)
Why Can'T We Use Body Hair To Transplant On Head?
I Keep On Reading About Hair Cloning As Possible Cure For Baldness. But What About The Body Hair. Ok, They May Not Grow As Long, But Cant Someone Do Some Research On How To Make Body Hair Grow Longer And Less Kinky So As They Can Be Planted On The Head. This Would Provide A Limitless Donor Source For Hair Transplantation. What Do You Think?
I think you would look silly with armpit hair on your head, also it would smell, cos the skin that also gets transplanted.has different glands in it. The root from which the hair grows cannot be changed into producing a different hair, just as any other reproducing bodycell, this is pre determined when you were born.
Solution For Hair Loss?
I Am Having Severe Hair Fall. Actually I Am On Medication Like Progesterone And Prenatal Vitamins. Some One Told Me That U Didn'T Loose Ur Hair At The Time Of Using Prenatal Vitamins. But This Not Happened. Can Anybody Tell Me Solution For This Hairfall.
There are a few reasons that you may be experiencing hair loss.
The first step is to talk to your doctor and have a blood draw to check if you have an underlying cause, such as a Thyroid or hormone imbalance,nutrient/mineral deficiency, or chronic infection.
Do not just accept the excuse that it is "just stress"-
If you get this reason, from your M.D. without proper blood test or scalp biopsy, go a step further and see a Dermatologist.
I went to three doctors, an Internist, Kidney Specialist and OB/Gyn, over 6-9 months, being told that my hair would come back, I was just stressed. Finally, I went to a Dermatologist, and found that I has an immunological "shut down" from the chronic kidney infections I had been being treated for.
He was able to connect all of the dots-I was treated with steroids and my hair is better than ever!
These are common, but overlooked reasons for hair loss-
Additional Carnegie Info…
Weather in Carnegie
Other cities near Carnegie Oklahoma