Serving The Plains and the surrounding areas…
We are local hair restoration experts!
Call now for a free consultation!
Call hours… 24/7
Hair Loss Surgery in The Plains
Brief Article Teaches You the Ins and Outs of Hair Loss Treatment and What You Should Do Today
Details of Hair Loss Treatment in The Plains OH
Hair loss is a hard thing for anybody to grapple with, and women specifically. While it is typically thought to be a male problem, it is also something that affects women as well. It is a problem of several people. Hair loss is crucial to avoid, but a lot of people find that it’s difficult, this is a cure to assist.
Hair loss is a typical problem which is frequently experienced by both women and men and can be brought about by quite a few distinct things including poor diet plan and genetics. It is not cured with just a month or two into any treatment. It is not just a simple appearance problem. The loss of hair because of nutrient-deficient condition can be corrected with the correct diet including adequate heights of all important minerals and vitamins.
Hair can start to fall out for a lot of reasons. It can be extremely frustrating and difficult, if you want to quit losing hair, to purchase plenty of different products which do not do the job. Beautiful and healthful hair enhances your personality.
Top Hair Loss Treatment Secrets
The main cause of hair loss is called androgenetic alopecia. It is one of the most common problems experienced by men and women all over the world. It will probably halt the loss of hair in most of men, but the quantity of regrowth will be dependent on the person.
Humans have tried every imaginable thing to stop hair loss and regrow lost hair. They rubbed the juices of all vegetables and fruits, and extracts of every available herb. Yet, they were unable to find any effective hair growth treatment. Undoubtedly there are numerous natural and herbal treatments for hair growth, but almost all lack systematic studies. If we ever hope to grow hair by natural means, we need to study natural remedies thoroughly. And even those with proven effects need a lot of time and patience to be effective. Another thing that makes natural remedies the least preferred choice in this age of technology is their temporary results. Hairs grown through natural sources do not long last, and start shedding off as soon as the use is discontinued.
For now, we have three types of hair growth treatments that help regrow hair in a natural manner restore a thicker and fuller head of hair. These include medical treatment, laser therapy, and surgical hair restoration.
Medical Hair Growth Treatment
There are a few options available to treat this through medications. Actually, these treatments produce better results if you take them in combination with one another. Let us have a look at these FDA-approved effective hair loss medicines.
• Finasteride: Finasteride is the generic name of the probably most effective hair loss drug. This drug treats hair loss by inhibiting production of hair killing hormone DHT. DHT (dihydrotestosterone) is the most important hormone that signals the hair follicles to die – the most common cause of Androgenic Alopecia or male pattern baldness. To date, inhibiting this hormone is the most effective way to stop hair loss. Besides controlling hair loss, this medication thickens fine hair, and this produces considerable effect.
• Minoxidil: It is the second most effective treatment. It is supplied in the form of a topical solution. Minoxidil is also a generic name; famous brand names of this medication include Rogaine and Hair Max. You need to apply this solution on the scalp twice a day, or as prescribed by the doctor and massage for a few minutes.
• Ketoconazole: This medication is supplied as a shampoo-like solution. This encourages hair growth by keeping the scalp clean from fungus and dandruff. You need to use this as a shampoo twice a week, and leave the leather for 3-5 minutes on your head.
No doubt researchers have studied these medications and found them effective, they are not perfect yet. First, their effectiveness varies from person to person. One may find it very effective while another may find it minimally effective. Second, the effects of all medications are temporary. You will maintain your hair as long as you continue the use of these medications. Whenever you decide to discontinue the treatment, you will lose your hair maintained by these medications. Third, like all other medication, hair loss medication is not without side effects. You must discuss its side effects before starting the treatment.
Low-Level Laser Therapy
Low-level laser is showing some measurable results to stimulate hair growth. Currently, it is regarded as convenient alternative of medication with fewer side effects. However, its effectiveness is an issue of debate. Until now, it is unable to show dramatic improvement in hair density.
Surgical Hair Growth Treatment-Hair Transplant
Hair transplant is to date the most effective treatment to date. It can restore hair on balding places in an effective and predictable manner. Hair transplant extracts healthy, balding resistant hair follicles form one area of the head and plants them to the balding areas. Not all hairs on our head are prone to balding. While the hair at the front and crown of the head are prone to hair loss, hair at the sides and back of the head are resistant to it. This procedure makes excellent use of these hair reserves on our head.
• Follicular Unit Transplant: Also known as the strip removal method, FUT excises a strip of scalp, usually from the back of the head, and dissects is to obtain required hair follicles. The wound is stitched together and the grafts obtained from the strip and implanted on the thinning or bald areas.
• Follicular Unit Extraction: FUE is a relatively newer and more advanced technique replacing the traditional strip removal method. This technique involves extracting the hair follicles directly from the scalp, without cutting and stitching the scalp. The follicles are extracted using a specially designed punch tool with diameter less than 0.1 mm. What makes FUE a more preferred choice of surgeons and patients is its ability to extract hair follicles form body areas like chest, armpits, and legs as well.
• Stem Cell FUE: Stem Cell FUE is the latest advancement in FUE hair transplant. It is the quickest, safest and the most effective hair transplant technique to date. It uses an automated punch tool for extraction of hair follicles at the fastest possible speed. It also allows hair regrowth at the donor area, thus ensuring the most natural looking results.
A hair transplant has only one limitation: the availability of donor hair. At present, there is no way to create new hair follicles; therefore, the patient must have healthy, balding resistant hair follicles somewhere on the scalp or the body. Fortunately, most of us have enough donor hair on the scalp or on the body to create a dramatic improvement in hair density.
Video: Hair Loss Treatment for Women in The Plains
That is the question that motivates Dr. Brett Bolton, a hair transplant surgeon in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Today’s ‘gold standard’ of hair transplantation is not high enough for Dr. Bolton who has specialized in hair restoration since 1997. In the late 90’s he was fortunate enough to enter the field of hair transplant surgery during a transitional time when technology was being shaped. Outdated techniques like the large chunky hair plugs, punch grafts and flap surgeries The Plains Ohio were on their way out and the defining new technique of follicular unit transplantation (FUT) was just cresting the horizon. Dr. Bolton’s vantage point at that time could not have been any better. He learned from the mistakes of other hair doctors as he repaired bad transplants, and he also gleaned valuable techniques from talented surgeons like the late Dr. Constantine Chambers who did wonders with old technology, especially in the crown area.
With FUT, doctors transplant small slit grafts which contain only one hair bundle. These grafts are harvested from a single strip of donor tissue and separated under a microscope. They contain a naturally occurring bundle of 1-4 hairs. The result is very natural-looking but Dr. Bolton would argue that there is not enough hair density to give patients a satisfying outcome with 1-4 hair grafts only.
In the early 2000’s, it became exceptionable for doctors to perform surgeries using anything other than FUT. However, Dr. Bolton had already developed a method of transplantation using a mixture of graft sizes that far outperformed the standard follicular unit transplantation. He was not willing to cast off a technique that was proving to be extremely successful in his practice despite pressure from peers. Instead, he refined and developed this approach and proudly applies Multi-Unit Hair Grafting , which he co-developed at PAI Medical Group in Nashville, Tennessee. By using a combination of micrografts (single hair grafts), follicular units and multiple follicular unit grafts, which is a slit graft containing 2 to 3 follicular units, Dr. Bolton gives patients 2-3 times the density compared to other doctors who use FUT only.
Some of Dr. Bolton’s peers suggest in error that multi-unit grafts are old style hair plugs. These new style slit grafts are slightly larger than standard follicular units. Separated under a microscope just like follicular units, these multi-unit grafts are not harvested with a punch biopsy instrument. This insures hardiness of the delicate hair follicles and surrounding tissue. They are never used in the frontal hairline and are strategically placed throughout the vertex and crown to make the most of density. This style of transplantation is so unique, Dr. Bolton cannot even charge by the graft because it simply doesn’t translate. Instead, he charges by hair volume. When compared to competitors, hair for hair, Dr. Bolton’s surgery is the best value in the industry.
The Plains Ohio Best Hair Transplant Doctors
Call for an appointment today!
Some Common Q & A’s
Where Can One Get A Cheap Hair Transplant?
No, I don't know where you can get a "cheap" one, but think about it... do you really want a cheap RUG on your head??? I mean hell → it's on top of your head. Everybody's gonna see it & they're certainly gonna be commenting on it. It's like somebody shopping around for a CHEAP FACELIFT. Do you really wanna go that route? Just get a cheap HAT instead. 9:15 pm 10-26-11
Mine Problem Is Hair Loss.Can Sommebody Guide Me How To Treat It.As I Look Much Older Than My Age???Plz Help.?
Check this ouT!
Take good care of your hair! It will add to your charm - who can resist a person with lovely, silky hair? So do try out the above tips! Hope these littles tips have been useful! 🙂
Tips To Stop Hair Loss & Keep Healthy Hair Here are some hair care tips that you can use to help stop hair loss and keep your existing hair healthy and looking great. Please don't take these tips lightly. They are very important . The only thing they require is your time and commitment.
- Massage your scalp with your fingertips (not your nails) daily to stimulate and promote circulation to your scalp and reduce excess fallout. Invert your head while you shampoo & massage your scalp. This helps promote blood circulation to the head.
- Essential oils & tea . To stimulate scalp circulation, massage the scalp with rosemary essential oil or rinse hair with tea made from sage.
- Comb or brush your hair and scalp gently in the morning and at night. This helps break up hardened oils (sebum) that are clogging your hair follicles. Doing this alone has produced new hair growth. Do not over do combing or brushing.
- keep a distance from dryer's heat. When using blow dryers, always keep the heat a good distance from your scalp and hair. Avoid heating the scalp and hair excessively. Excessive heat will increase hair loss, and excess fallout.
- Avoid getting hair creams, lotions, styling gels and sprays directly on the scalp as they will clog your hair follicles. Use a light hold spray if you must.
- After swimming in a pool, shampoo your hair as soon as possible to remove any chlorine residue. Chlorine is extremely damaging to the hair and scalp.
- Avoid over-exposing your hair and scalp to the wind and sun. Good hair care over a long period really makes a difference!
- Avoid tight hats and caps as they contribute to poor circulation, depriving the hair of proper nutrition and stunting new hair growth. The sweat, dirt and grime around the rim inhibit follicle health and contribute to build-up.
- Always consult your health care provider for extreme causes of excess fallout and thinning. A medical condition or medication could be causing hair loss side-effects.
- Strive for balance and harmony in both your personal and professional lifestyle. High stress factors can cause your body to react by fluctuating hormone levels. This in turn causes excessive oil secretion (sebum) which results in hair loss.
- Pregnancy, nursing, menopause, and even birth control medication can cause constant changing factors on your nutritional needs and hormonal levels which contribute to hair loss and excess fallout.
- Avoid "crash and fad" diets. Proper nutritious meals along with vitamin and mineral supplements are a key factor for healthy hair and skin.
- Good hair care starts with awareness. These hair care tips, if followed consistently, will reduce excess fallout, hair loss, and promote new hair growth.
- Reduce hair loss effects by increasing your intake of vitamin C found in fresh fruits and vegetables, particularly citrus fruit and juices, parsley, broccoli, green peppers and black currants. Take a vitamin B complex everyday or brewers yeast. Increase your intake of protein found in meat, fish, liver, wheat germ, dried cooked beans and peas, tofu, cheese, milk and eggs.
- Take dietary supplements such as Vitamin B6, zinc & saw palmetto. Supplements are useful when you can't get enough from natural food sources.
- The Chinese believe that hair is nourished by the blood, and therefore influenced by the kidney & liver. Treatment is aimed at these organs using fleece flower root, wolfberry fruit or mulberry fruit.
- Eliminate stress or else it can be disastrous to your precious hair!
- Get enough sleep. Sleeping well is essential for the health of your hair as well as for the rest of your body.
There are ways you can help stop the grease from appearing but you have to work at it.
Do not wash everyday. The cleaner your hair is the more it can seep into your glands and harder it is to get rid of. When you do wash make sure you are washing with a cleaning shampoo and scrubbing the build up off. Take in mind that you also have to have a ph-balanced mild shampoo and lite scrubbing is recommended. Try to avoid conditioner at the roots, apply in the middle or on the ends.
Try to avoid oil in your daily food intake. And do eat more vegetables. You could visit your doctor but only after you check and consider your diet, drugs, alcohol, and your fatty food intake. Let's face it we see what McDonalds can do to your heart in a month, can you image your hair. You would be dripping everywhere.
Maybe it's time to change your shampoo. Ask your stylist what she or he would recommend. Avoid using shine products at all costs. Keep away from two-in-one shampoos and conditioners and any frizz serums.
To fix at the moment, rub a little Talcum Powder on your dried hair at the roots. Just make sure you wash it out. I wish they would event that magic product, but this will help until they do.
Here are 10 tips for to keep your hair strong, smooth, shiny and beautiful!
1. Keep your diet balanced, and eat protein and calcium rich foods. Stay away from junk foods! This is essential for healthy hair.
2. Foods and supplements to nourish your hair:
* Vitamin B
* And of course, the magic potion for beauty - WATER
3. Before washing your hair, comb it well to make sure all knots has been loosened from your hair.
4. Before applying shampoo, use warm water (35 to 38 degrees Celsius) to run through your hair to rinse and wet it thoroughly.
5. When applying shampoo or conditioner, don't use your fingernails to scrape through your hair. Instead, use your palm and fingertips to massage your scalp and hair gently, in circular motions. This will help the circulation and also help to keep your hair shiny and smooth.
6. After rinsing away all the shampoo, run water over your hair for at least another half a minute (3 minutes is best) to ensure there are no remains of shampoo remaining in your hair, since this will cause a great deal of damage to your scalp.
7. When applying hair treatment products, do so just after you have washed your hair, so that your hair can absorb all the good stuff while it is half wet. This will be the best time for it to absorb nourishment.
8. NEVER go to bed with your hair wet! Hair that is half wet is most easily broken, and if you sleep during this time, your hair will be rubbing against each other, damaging your hair in the most terrible way.
9. Too much pressure may lead to hair loss! Relax... try some good relaxation methods such as soaking in a nice scented bath, listening to music, and eating healthy comfort foods such as strawberries and grapes.
10. Perming and coloring seriously damages your hair. Avoid it as much as possible. Also, when using hair setting products such as gel or putty, use as little as possible, because they hurt your scalp and hair. Wash them out thoroughly afterwards with a shampoo specially created for removing styling products.
Great Deal Of Money Spent On Laser Hair Restoration And No Results?
Ive Been Going To A Hair Restoration Clinic For Just About A Year Now And See No Results . Twice A Week I Go For 15 Minute Laser Treatment Sessions. Also A Great Amount Of Gas Money Has Been Spent Going To In From The Clinic. . . I Am Seeing No Results .
Should I Ask For My Money Back ? What Would Tell Me ?
For The Money Spent On Hair Restoration , I Would Have Been Better Off Getting Human Hair Extensions To Help Thicken And Add Volume.
It depends on the contract you signed with them.
Why not try use a natural wooden comb, it helps you prevent and reverse hair loss, makes hair grow healthier and shinier. Please visit: http://stores.ebay.com.au/natural-care-wood-house_W0QQsspagenameZMEQ3aFQ3aSTQQtZkm
Laser Treatment For Hair Loss...Does Anyone Know If This Really Works?
I Have Looked It Up On The Internet But Wanted To See If I Got Feedback From Someone Who Actually Has Done. Thanks
Yes, laser treatment works! What you need to know is they can't zap it all away in one treatment. I have been thru electrology treatment, prior to laser becoming popular.
I have talked with the electrologist and she says the laser takes care of more area at once than electrology. With electrology it is done one hair follicle at a time. Laser is one patch/area at a time. I am so glad I spent the time and money for electrology. I did my upper lip, chin and eyebrows. I no longer have unsightly hair issues. If I were to have the problem now, I would laser instead of electrology simply because a patch at a time will take less time. The overall expense is about the same.
Medical Hair Restoration, Does It Works?
I dont know, and I always said that if I ever started losing my hair, I would shave it off and go with the shiny dome.
I still have yet to lose my hair, but I went ahead and shaved my head anyway. Dont fight it man. Bald is beautiful, and you will never understand until you can run your hand over your head and it be nice and smooth. What is funny is I have got the thickest head of hair one could imagine.
What Is The Best Products For Hair Restoration?
Well, you can take some vitamins like prenatals and biotin and drink plenty of water, this will ensure that your new hair growth comes out nice and healthy!
As for the hair you already have, I would use some hot oil treatments or the K-pak deep conditioning treatment.
Hope this helps!
Bosley Hair Implant?
I Have Been Contemplating On Bosley Hair Implant. I Still Have Most Of My Hair But I Know I Am Loosing. Has Anyone Who Have Tried The Bosley Can Share With Me His Experience. Is It A Good Option For Someone Who Is Not Bald And Still Has Most Of His Hair.
i have been to bosley 3 times i was damn near completely bald i think they did a good job my last time was back in march so its still has not grown out yet the stuff they did the other 2 times looks pretty good as far as money goes every year most of the time in the summer they have a special price you can get it half off i payed full price the first 2 times 7,000 each time the 1st time was in 02 2nd time in 03 or 04 but the last time i payed 3,600 and you might want to use propecia it works great for me good luck
Solution For Hair Loss?
Is Mane And Tail Shampoo An Effective Solution For Hair Loss?
And What Are Other Solution For Hair Loss?
Hair Loss home remedy treatment is quite effective. Following are some Baldness cure home remedies. Read on for home remedy for Hair Loss:
One of the best home remedies for treating hair loss is to massage your scalp with fingers gently. It will also aid in increasing blood circulation and lend glow to your hair.
Amla oil serves as an excellent tonic for hair conditioning. To prepare amla oil, put some dry pieces of amla in coconut oil and bring to a boil. Apply this oil on the scalp and see the wonderful results.
For nourishing your hair, apply coconut milk all over your scalp and massage it into the hair roots.
Question About Hair Regrowth Of Hair?
A Few Summers Ago I Also Used Ot Keep My Hair In Braids, Although It Was Very Long And Possibly Thick [From My Background Of Black And Puerto Rican] In Summer Of I Would Say 2006 I Had Waved Up My Hair By Going To A Hair Dresser And In Winter It Had Begin To Fall Out Or Break Off, So I Washed It Out And Put It Back And Braids/Weave, But Now That It Is So Short I'M Curious Is My Hair Destined To Stay Short Or Will It Possibly Grow Back If I Keep It In Braids Until This Upcoming Summer And Then Start Just Wearing It Out To Grow Down?
No,... sometimes for some ppl it does, i used to think about that about my hair as well, but remember every time you cut your hair, it is is shock so to say. The best thing i used to get my hair to grow back faster and stronger was Pantene PROV i know its not a top of the line hair product but when i started using this i didn't need anything else. another shampoo is Mane n' Tail. Have you ever heard of Dog and cats shedding their fur. We shed our hair when it dies as well especially in the changing seasons its normal but try those shampoos and see if they work for you. 🙂 Good luck Oh another thing is buy some Hair and Nail Vitamins at your local store take them faithfully.
How Much Is The Hair Transplant?
I Am Planning To Undergo Hair Transplant. Is There Any Other Options Aside From Hair Transplant?
There are other options.
Minoxidil (originally sold as Rogaine) is a liquid you apply to your bald or thinning spots and has helped a lot of men regrow hair. The downside is you have to use it for the rest of your life. If you stop using it, the hair you regrew falls out.
There is also a prescription pill (Propecia), but if you take that you'll never be able to give blood again. You may want to check the side effects on it too.
I've also heard about a laser stimulation treatment that is apparently getting good results. It's not cheap, but it may be less expensive than a hair transplant.
Additional The Plains Info…
Weather in The Plains
Other cities near The Plains Ohio