Serving Bowdoinham and the surrounding areas…
We are local hair restoration experts!
Call now for a free consultation!
Call hours… 24/7
Hair Treatment for Hair Loss in Bowdoinham
Top Tips of Hair Loss Treatment
The Benefits of Hair Loss Treatment in Bowdoinham ME
Hair loss is a hard thing for anybody to grapple with, and women specifically. While it is typically thought to be a male problem, it is also something that affects women as well. It is a problem of several people. Hair loss is crucial to avoid, but a lot of people find that it’s difficult, this is a cure to assist.
Hair loss is a typical problem which is frequently experienced by both women and men and can be brought about by quite a few distinct things including poor diet plan and genetics. It is not cured with just a month or two into any treatment. It is not just a simple appearance problem. The loss of hair because of nutrient-deficient condition can be corrected with the correct diet including adequate heights of all important minerals and vitamins.
Hair Loss Treatment: the Ultimate Convenience!
Hair can start to fall out for a lot of reasons. It can be extremely frustrating and difficult, if you want to quit losing hair, to purchase plenty of different products which do not do the job. Beautiful and healthful hair enhances your personality.
The main cause of hair loss is called androgenetic alopecia. It is one of the most common problems experienced by men and women all over the world. It will probably halt the loss of hair in most of men, but the quantity of regrowth will be dependent on the person.
Humans have tried every imaginable thing to stop hair loss and regrow lost hair. They rubbed the juices of all vegetables and fruits, and extracts of every available herb. Yet, they were unable to find any effective hair growth treatment. Undoubtedly there are numerous natural and herbal treatments for hair growth, but almost all lack systematic studies. If we ever hope to grow hair by natural means, we need to study natural remedies thoroughly. And even those with proven effects need a lot of time and patience to be effective. Another thing that makes natural remedies the least preferred choice in this age of technology is their temporary results. Hairs grown through natural sources do not long last, and start shedding off as soon as the use is discontinued.
For now, we have three types of hair growth treatments that help regrow hair in a natural manner restore a thicker and fuller head of hair. These include medical treatment, laser therapy, and surgical hair restoration.
Medical Hair Growth Treatment
There are a few options available to treat this through medications. Actually, these treatments produce better results if you take them in combination with one another. Let us have a look at these FDA-approved effective hair loss medicines.
• Finasteride: Finasteride is the generic name of the probably most effective hair loss drug. This drug treats hair loss by inhibiting production of hair killing hormone DHT. DHT (dihydrotestosterone) is the most important hormone that signals the hair follicles to die – the most common cause of Androgenic Alopecia or male pattern baldness. To date, inhibiting this hormone is the most effective way to stop hair loss. Besides controlling hair loss, this medication thickens fine hair, and this produces considerable effect.
• Minoxidil: It is the second most effective treatment. It is supplied in the form of a topical solution. Minoxidil is also a generic name; famous brand names of this medication include Rogaine and Hair Max. You need to apply this solution on the scalp twice a day, or as prescribed by the doctor and massage for a few minutes.
• Ketoconazole: This medication is supplied as a shampoo-like solution. This encourages hair growth by keeping the scalp clean from fungus and dandruff. You need to use this as a shampoo twice a week, and leave the leather for 3-5 minutes on your head.
No doubt researchers have studied these medications and found them effective, they are not perfect yet. First, their effectiveness varies from person to person. One may find it very effective while another may find it minimally effective. Second, the effects of all medications are temporary. You will maintain your hair as long as you continue the use of these medications. Whenever you decide to discontinue the treatment, you will lose your hair maintained by these medications. Third, like all other medication, hair loss medication is not without side effects. You must discuss its side effects before starting the treatment.
Low-Level Laser Therapy
Low-level laser is showing some measurable results to stimulate hair growth. Currently, it is regarded as convenient alternative of medication with fewer side effects. However, its effectiveness is an issue of debate. Until now, it is unable to show dramatic improvement in hair density.
Surgical Hair Growth Treatment-Hair Transplant
Hair transplant is to date the most effective treatment to date. It can restore hair on balding places in an effective and predictable manner. Hair transplant extracts healthy, balding resistant hair follicles form one area of the head and plants them to the balding areas. Not all hairs on our head are prone to balding. While the hair at the front and crown of the head are prone to hair loss, hair at the sides and back of the head are resistant to it. This procedure makes excellent use of these hair reserves on our head.
• Follicular Unit Transplant: Also known as the strip removal method, FUT excises a strip of scalp, usually from the back of the head, and dissects is to obtain required hair follicles. The wound is stitched together and the grafts obtained from the strip and implanted on the thinning or bald areas.
• Follicular Unit Extraction: FUE is a relatively newer and more advanced technique replacing the traditional strip removal method. This technique involves extracting the hair follicles directly from the scalp, without cutting and stitching the scalp. The follicles are extracted using a specially designed punch tool with diameter less than 0.1 mm. What makes FUE a more preferred choice of surgeons and patients is its ability to extract hair follicles form body areas like chest, armpits, and legs as well.
• Stem Cell FUE: Stem Cell FUE is the latest advancement in FUE hair transplant. It is the quickest, safest and the most effective hair transplant technique to date. It uses an automated punch tool for extraction of hair follicles at the fastest possible speed. It also allows hair regrowth at the donor area, thus ensuring the most natural looking results.
A hair transplant has only one limitation: the availability of donor hair. At present, there is no way to create new hair follicles; therefore, the patient must have healthy, balding resistant hair follicles somewhere on the scalp or the body. Fortunately, most of us have enough donor hair on the scalp or on the body to create a dramatic improvement in hair density.
Video: Hair Surgery in Bowdoinham
In a recent survey, it was found that men fear losing their hair, either by it thinning, receding or by going bald completely, will make them unattractive in the eyes of others. It seems that lots of men worry about what others think about their hair loss. The survey revealed that Bowdoinham Maine men who have bald fathers tend to keep their own hair short, so that if the hair begins to fall out it wouldn’t be such a shock to lose it all.
There are three general patterns of male pattern hair loss, and men can experience one of these patterns of hair loss or a mixture of all three:
- A receding hairline is one of the most common hair loss patterns, where the hair is lost at the temples, either side of the forehead, usually leaving a mound in the middle. This may sometimes be the only area of hair loss, but others may experience thinning at the crown as well.
- Some men will experience their hair thinning at the crown, which is at the back or top of the head. This can occur by itself or coincide with a receding hairline. Usually hair loss starts with thinning at the crown until the scalp becomes visible, and in time a bald patch may appear. This bald patch may grow wider until it meets the receding hairline, or it may stay at the top or back of the head and spread outwards in all directions to produce a circular baldness.
- General thinning spreads evenly over the top of the scalp, and men will not get a distinct receding hairline or a thinning crown. With general thinning, the onset of hair loss is less obvious and takes longer to notice.
One method of restoring hair to a follically challenged head is the FUE hair transplant technique. FUE involves taking healthy hair follicles from the scalp one by one and grafting them into the bald areas of the head. The Bowdoinham ME surgeon transplants hair follicles into the same slot that contained previous hair, giving it a better chance of settling in permanently. This method of transplanting is very intricate and it requires special attention and care. This means the treatment is completed over a number of sessions and not performed in one long exhausting procedure. The grafts usually take in a few days and the redness caused by the treatment settles in under a week.
FUE hair transplants are very popular as:
- They deliver more natural-looking results.
- The treatment is less painful than other methods.
- Downtime is minimal.
In most cases, once you receive the aesthetics, you’ll only feel minimal discomfort during the procedure. With the FUE hair transplant technique, visible scarring on the scalp is negligible. FUE transplant procedures are less painful compared to earlier transplant treatments and they tend to produce more natural looking results.
Bowdoinham Maine Best Hair Transplant Doctors
Call for an appointment today!
Some Common Q & A’s
Am Growing Bald And Want To Try Hair Transplantation. How Safe Is It ? How Cheap/How Costly Is Ot For A Person?
Dear Friends:After How Many Days Can I Start Playing Bodybuilding After My Follicular Unit Transplant (Hair)?
Hair Transfer Surgical
If you have strip surgery, where they take a strip of your hair our from the back of the head, then I ouwld wait at least a month before doing any heavy weights. This to avoid stretching the scar. If you're having FUE surgery (follicular unit extraction), then you don't have to worry as much about scarring.
There's some great articles on these sites: http://www.hairtransplantinsider.com, http://www.hairtransplantmagazine.com
Best Solution For Hair Growth If Balding Rogain Or Hair Transplant Company ?
The wording of your question and lack of grammer makes it hard to understand what you're asking, but if I'm right you're wondering what solution to baldness is most effective - Rogaine or a hair transplant. Is that correct?
Here are a few facts:
1. Rogaine and finasteride (commonly marketed as Propecia) are the only two medications that have ever been proven to regrow any hair. Both of these products will only grow hair at the top and back of the scalp (they don't help regrow hair at the front if you have a receeding hairline). Why is this? I don't know - Murphy's Law I guess seeing as most guys struggle with receeding hairlines if they begin to go bald. However, both products will inhibit further baldness all over the scalp. I don't know as much about Rogaine (never used it), but I have been using generic finasteride for 2 years. Finasteride has helped me maintain the hair that I have and even regrew some at the back where it was beginning to thin. It works by inhibiting DHT (dihydrotestosterone - the enzyme responsible for attacking hair follicles which leads to baldness) in the bloodstream. Finasteride requires a prescription and you should research the possible side effects. Although side effects are extremely rare, they can be devastating. Rogaine might be a better option for you although I've heard it is very greasy and you have to use it twice a day which is what stopped me from wanting to try it.
2. Hair transplants. I have had one myself and am thrilled with the results! I had minor receeding/thinning at the front of my hairline and the hair transplant corrected this problem for me. Hair transplants are permanent solutions to hair loss however they should not be considered by anyone under 30 as your pattern of baldness is too early to predict before that age. It also doesn't do much for guys who are "chrome dome" or headed in that direction. To be able to effectively fill in thin areas of hair, it's a critical ratio between supply and demand. If you have as much bald scalp as you do covered, a transplant will never fill all of that in. Hair transplants therefore are best for men who have only minor balding.
Hope this helps.
Has Any Man Or Woman Had Hair Restoration Done?
How Did You Like The Job You Got? Is It Real Looking? I Know It'S Real Hair Moved By Graphs But Does It Look Good? Which Place Did You Go To, And Would You Recommend It?
No - I had my Body Hair Removed - Now thats just to SEXY.
Is It Normal To Lose 100 Hairs A Day? It Seems I Lose That Many Daily. The Strands Shed All Over The Place!?
The hair constantly renews itself: it has a well defined life cycle. When a hair dies, another replaces it and makes it fall. It is therefore normal that you lose some hair every day.
Healthy hair includes from 10 to 15% of telogen hairs (i.e., hair that is ready to fall). They are the ones we lose naturally, day after day. But how much hair can we thus lose, for physiological reasons, on a daily basis? Here is where it is impossible to fix an average number: it can easily double from one woman to another.
2• Causes for variation
First variable: how long your anagen phase (the one during which your hair is alive) lasts. There really is no standard length: it is part of your genetic capital and also varies depending on your gender. For women, it lasts between 4 and 7 years (it is shorter for men: between 2 and 4 years). Men’s hair thus theoretically renews itself faster and their daily hair loss is greater.
Your hair’s natural density, i.e., the total number of hair you were genetically granted at birth. The higher it is, the more hair will fall naturally, every day: that is the second variable. And, given that from one person to another, the hair density per square centimeter can vary from 180 to 320 hairs, it is difficult to establish an average.
Morphology is the third variable to take into account. The size of the head, the way the hair is implanted (low or high, at forehead or at nape level) are as many factors that determine the scalp’s total surface, and therefore the number of hairs, no matter how many there are per square centimeter.
In other words, it can be some women’s norm to lose from 20 to 25 hairs a day, while others’ with denser hair and a fast hair cycle can lose up to 70 or 80, even 100, with it remaining normal.
Can Someone Tell Me About Life In Los Angeles?
Got Accepted Into An Art School In Los Angeles.
The School Is On Wilshire Blvd. Between Hollywood And Beverly Hills Area.
If I Attend, I Will Be Coming All The Way From Buffalo. And Living In An Apartment Complex That The School Will Be Fixing Me Up With.
So, I Want To Know Everything And Anything About Living In La. Anything You Can Think Of. Most Information Gets Best Answer.
I'm a los angeles native, born and raised. I recently moved up to Sacramento and I have to say... I miss my city.
To give you a good idea of what L.A is like, i'll tell you all the stuff I took for granted, and now miss desperately.
The ocean. The sand, the water, the waves. The way the sun feels on my skin. Beach hair. The smell of suntan oil. Walking along the pier. Glow Fest in Santa Monica. The santa monica pier ferris wheel at night is perhaps one of the most spectacular things i've ever seen. During the summer, they have live music playing, usually local rock bands.
Frozen pancakes at Fred 62's are soooo delicous. Cupcakes from Sprinkles. Pinkberry. Empanadas from the Empanada Factory on the Venice beach boardwalk.
LAMCA host "Night Vision" during the summer, it's an outdoor party with famous DJ's, a bar, fun adult arts and crafts, plus you can check out the musuem. It's open late.
The L.A Cemetery shows movies on giant screens during the summer as well. You can bring a blanket, picnic basket with goodies (we always had wine and cheese, put people bring beer, wine coolers, candy etc.), pillows, candles, pretty much whatever you want. It's so much fun and a great way to make new friends. Oh, and i promise it's not as creepy as it sounds 🙂
I miss the boardwalk at Venice beach. I miss swimming in the ocean, then skateboarding in the skate park. I miss $5 sunglasses and yummy empanadas. I especially miss the drum circles....summer evenings, people gather around a bonfire and play huge bongo drums and sing. People dance and laugh and drink and just have fun in the sand. Towards the end of the night, we bundle up in blankets next to the fire and listen to the waves hit the shore. When we leave, our hair smells like bonfire and i always have a permanent smile.
Definitely check out the ArcLight, it's my favorite movie theater. I miss Westwood village (by UCLA). I miss the halloween parade in santa monica every year (largest in the nation). I miss 4th of July's in Huntington Beach. I miss all the yoga, strip aerobics, kickboxing, hiking, surfing, swimming, volleyball at the beach, and Runyon Canyon.
There's tons of little botiques to explore. OoOOO I miss the 3rd street farmers market - i used to find the most exquisite things there. Food is another thing that I miss terribly. L.A has such a diverse food industry - you can find absolutely every type of cuisine imaginable, i'm not exaggerating! and the prices are spectacular.
Speaking of prices.... i miss $12 pedicures and $10 manicures. Up here in Sacramento, it's $20 for a pedicure.
I miss the rooftop pool and club at The Standard downtown. I miss margarita mondays with friends, and sunday champagne brunches.
There's so much to love about L.A, but you have to find it. And, I will admist, it is perhaps the most superficial place in the nation. Depending on where you go, it can be really bad or just normal....but yes, every transplant (non LA native) i've talked to said the same thing: we're stuck up. Dont let this distract you. Smile often, laugh a lot. Dont let anybody get you down. Eventually, you'll find friends you love and places that truly feel like home.
How Much Do Hair Transplant Cost? How Do They Look?
I Have A Receding Hairline And Am Considering Getting Hair Transplants At The Temples. I Guess I Should Ask A Doctor But: How Much Does It Cost? Will People Be Able To Tell That I Had The Surgery Or Will It Look Totally Natural?
I am wondering how old you are. The reason is because a man's hairline changes when they mature. It you find a company that is willing to fill that in - then they just want your money. Bear in mind, that cost and density of the hair transplanted go hand in hand. Are you losing hair anyplace else?? The most important thing about hair transplants are the artistry involved. That will determine how natural it looks. I worked for a well known company that was expensive and did great work - but they were horrible to their employees. Go somewhere for a free consult and info that you can see before spending money.
Is Transplanted Hair Able To Grow To A Long Length? Any Special Maintenance Needed? I Am A 40 Yr Old Mother Of 3 Young Children With Endless Chores, So I Tend To Wash My Hair Very Frequently. Would Transplant Be Suitable For Me?
transplanted hair is hair that is harvested from one area of your scalp and implanted in an area of your scalp that has thinning...
once transplanted, the moved hair is dormant for several months and does not grow. After it starts to grow, it is no different from the other hair on your scalp. It needs not treatment , special or otherwise, after it begins to grow out.
The most important factor in the success of hair tansplant surgery is finding the best doctor to do the work... the companies that advertise on television... bosley... do a horrible job and are way overpriced.... go to a web site called hair loss help and register... go to the discussion boards and Learn all about hair transplants before you have one....
A good hair transplant can change your life.. it changed mine.... i went from being someone who was mostly bald in front to someone having a goodlooking full looking head of hair....... if i had gone to the wrong doc, i might have gotten a bad result..... Do your homework well before you have a hair transplant. My doctor was named Dr. Vic Hasson. type his name in google to go to his web site.
Does Anyone Has Experience Or Has Someone Who Knows Have Had Experience With Bosley Hair Transplant System? Please Post Your Experiences, Including But Not Limited To The Cost, The Pre-Post Procedure And How It Affected Your Life, Meaning Were You Able To Go Back To Work The Next Day, What About Workout And Play Sports And Did You See Improvement In Your Hair Growth After 4-5 Months Or Something Along Those Lines. I Have Also Heard That Even Though The First Procedure Costs Around $10,000, People Go Back For Visits And That Costs More? Any Help Would Be Greatly Appreciated.
Hair transplant surgery is very safe nowadays. My cousin got her breast reduction, tummy tuck and facelift surgery in India by the company called Forerunners Healthcare .The Price for the surgery she paid in India was very less. She paid 30% of the cost she was quoted in America.
Forerunners Healthcare is very famous in India. They arrange cosmetic and plastic surgery for foreigners in India. I read a lot about them in the Newspapers and about their patient stories. They arrange financing for USA, Canadian, UK and other international patients who plan to have surgery abroad for low price, as the breast reduction, tummy tuck, facelift and other cosmetic surgery is not covered by insurance. They also have photos pasted of their International patients. You can checkout their website. There are huge cost savings. As a doctor I personally believe that surgery can be easily handled in India, as the quality of healthcare available In India is simply best in the world. The surgeons are USA/UK trained and facilities are 5 star.
Hope this helps.
Severely Dry Transparent Hair. Help?!?!?!?!?
Okay So I Used To Have Bleach Blonde Hair. I Then Got Bored With It So I Allowed My Friend To Dye My Hair To A Light Brown. Little Did I Know She Used Black Hair Dye. So I Had Black Hair. My Hair Was Already Dead Because Of Bleaching It And Touching Up My Roots And Stuff So This Could Be My Problem But Anyways. I Looked Horrible With The Black Hair Because It Clashed With My Eyecolor And Skin Tone. (Fair Skin Blue Eyes) So I Then Decided To Lighten My Hair, Not To Blonde Again But Just To Make It Look Less Harsh So The Hairstylist Put A Product Called Uncolor On It And Then After Put A Very Light Brown/Blondish Color On (Strawberry Blonde I Think) After The Proccess Was Done My Hair Had Fallen Out Became Severly Dry And I Can Even See Through It, Its Completely Transparent. And Itsnot Just A Little Bit Of My Hair Its My Whole Head!!!!!! Help If Anybody Knows What To Do Pls Pls Pls Help Me I Already Had To Cut Like 11 Inches Of Hair Of. Im Rly Sad And I Have To Wear Hair Extension, Which My Hair Doesnt Even Cover Because You Can See The Extension Clips Through My Hair Strands Even Though Theres A Lot Of Hair Ontop Of The Extensions. I Feel Like I Have Old People Hair And Im Only 15. Please Somebody With Experience Or Just Someone Who Knows What Theyre Talking About. Please Help.
That's terrible! I guess you should always go to a stylist when dyeing hair.... But to get rid of dry hair, here's a natural conditioning treatment:
Mix 1/2 cup organic buttermilk, 1 cup plain organic yogurt, 1 organic egg yolk, and 1 teaspoon raw coconut oil. Apply to scalp and dry/limp areas. Let sit for thirty minutes then rinse. I'm sorry, I can't really help you with the transparency problem. Hope this helps.
Additional Bowdoinham Info…
Weather in Bowdoinham
Other cities near Bowdoinham Maine