Serving Leesville and the surrounding areas…
We are local hair restoration experts!
Call now for a free consultation!
Call hours… 24/7
Hair Replacement Surgery in Leesville
Top Tips of Hair Loss Treatment
The Benefits of Hair Loss Treatment in Leesville LA
Hair loss is a hard thing for anybody to grapple with, and women specifically. While it is typically thought to be a male problem, it is also something that affects women as well. It is a problem of several people. Hair loss is crucial to avoid, but a lot of people find that it’s difficult, this is a cure to assist.
Hair loss is a typical problem which is frequently experienced by both women and men and can be brought about by quite a few distinct things including poor diet plan and genetics. It is not cured with just a month or two into any treatment. It is not just a simple appearance problem. The loss of hair because of nutrient-deficient condition can be corrected with the correct diet including adequate heights of all important minerals and vitamins.
Hair can start to fall out for a lot of reasons. It can be extremely frustrating and difficult, if you want to quit losing hair, to purchase plenty of different products which do not do the job. Beautiful and healthful hair enhances your personality.
The main cause of hair loss is called androgenetic alopecia. It is one of the most common problems experienced by men and women all over the world. It will probably halt the loss of hair in most of men, but the quantity of regrowth will be dependent on the person.
There are several types of hair loss and balding. While the mechanism of the phenomenon of hair loss and baldness is not fully understood, there is vast knowledge on the ability to treat the types of hair loss and baldness by medication or natural means.
We are dividing the alopecia types into treatable and non-treatable conditions and we shall hereby explain how one can evaluate the chances of successful treatment in the treatable conditions.
When evaluating the chances of improving the condition of the hair, the most important criteria is the condition of the hair follicles. As long as the hair follicles are alive, there is a chance to grow new hair. Otherwise, there is no basis for any treatment to succeed and the only options are cosmetic- wig, hair transplant etc.
Life period of the hair follicles may reach up to twenty-five years. The hair follicles grow hair in cycles of growth and fall. In the process of hair loss, each cycle of growth produces shorter, thinner hair and there is less pigment (color).
When the scalp has a bright plume, it indicates that the hair follicle is still alive but dormant. Given the appropriate specialist’s knowledge and therapy, the hair follicle can be stimulated to grow hair. However if the surface is completely smooth, it indicates that the hair follicle is no longer alive and there is zero chance to grow hair- except in some cases as explained below (Alopecia Areata, Totalis and Universalis).
The different types of hair loss and the chances of growth of new hair are hereby given.
Non Treatable conditions
The conditions of hair loss which have no chance of hair regrowth are: Alopecia from birth, Scarring Alopecia, Traction Alopecia and Lupus disease.
Alopecia from birth is a rare condition, where the infant is born without hair follicles.
In Scarring Alopecia the infected zone looks like a scar and the hair follicles are dead. The reasons of the phenomena are unknown. The chances of growing new hair are zero, but with proper treatment the expansion of the Scarring Alopecia can be stopped.
In Traction Alopecia the hair is pulled out of the scalp and the hair follicle becomes weak and dies.
In alopecia which is caused by Lupus disease, the skin is rough and pink and the chances of growth of hair is almost non existent.
The conditions of hair loss which has a chance to be treated successfully are: Male Pattern Alopecia, Alopecia Areata, Alopecia Totalis and Alopecia Universalis.
Male Pattern Alopecia is common male baldness. It’s characteristics are loss of hair at the front and crown area first. In many cases, there is still at least hair plume, hair loss and baldness can be stopped by affecting the hair follicles.
In Alopecia Areata condition, typical round hair loss patches evolve rapidly. Sometimes the bald patches spread to full hair loss of the scalp (Alopecia Totalis) or even whole body areas (Alopecia Universalis). The phenomenon could harm men, women and small children. Conventional medicine assumes the Alopecia Areata condition is an autoimmune disease, though the exact mechanism of Alopecia Areata is not known nor fully understood.
In many cases Alopecia Areata is caused by psychological pressure: people who experienced trauma have sometimes lost entire hair within hours or days.
Evaluating Chances of Successful Treatment
As explained in the introduction, the condition of the hair follicles is the most important criteria for evaluating the chances of successful treatment. Existence of thin white hair is a visible sign for living hair follicles. The thin white hair can be noticed when examining the scalp from close distance, with good light conditions. Sometimes viewing the scalp from an angle against light source helps to see the thin white hair.
Naturally, when there is thin white hair on the alopecia area, it indicates that the hair follicles are weak but alive, so there is a basis to grow hair, given the proper treatment. But when the alopecia area is smooth, the evaluation depends on the alopecia type:
In male pattern alopecia condition, smooth scalp is a clear indication that the hair follicles are not alive and there is no chance to grow new hair. However in Alopecia Areata, Alopecia Totalis and Alopecia Universalis the hair follicles sometimes remain alive even if the alopecia area is smooth and evaluating the condition of the hair follicles should take into consideration other important factors.
The factors which play important role in the condition of the hair follicles and hence the chances of success:
– Age of the patient: at younger age there are higher chances to recover
– Period with Alopeia Areata condition: if the condition is recent, the chances are higher. Among people who experienced Alopecia Areata for decades, the hair follicles are probably too weak.
– Alopecia Areata condition was due to a shock: In those cases, the chances of recovery are better.
– Use of violent and inappropriate treatment: Some treatments cause permanent damage to the hair follicles. In such cases, even if there is growth of hair, it is common that once the treatment is stopped the hair falls and the hair follicles remain weaker, which makes it harder to stimulate growth.
– Thin white hair: as previously explained, if there is thin white hair the chances of recovery increase.
– Use of wig: When a wig is applied, the scalp’s skin is not normally exposed to air and is not breathing (skin is not able to absorb oxygen). In cases of wig users, the chances of recovery are lower. If wig is attached by glue, chances are near zero.
It should be emphasized that these are general guidelines for treatment success chances, based on experience with a population of Alopecia Areata patients. A personal evaluation is required in order to accurately evaluate the success chances of a specific person.
Choosing the Right Treatment
There are natural or medication therapies which are intended to revive the hair roots. When considering medication treatment, it is advised to consult with a specialist dermatologist and inquire about possible side effects. The internet includes vast information about the side effects of conventional treatments. In case of natural treatments, it is advised to seek for a treatment which is certified by a recognized organization. The treatment should be certified for being safe for usage and without any side effects. In order to be certified for zero side effects, the treatment should contain only herbs and plants with the maximal safety degree – edible herbs- as defined by the U.S. CTFA list of plants.
Video: Hair Loss Surgery in Leesville
Hair transplants are basically stressful surgical procedures that require a lot of resources as well as emotional investment. A non-surgical hair transplant literally means an alternative to a surgical hair transplant Leesville LA which can provide cosmetic embellishment until the time is right for a proper transplant. This non-surgical hair replacement is a very wonderful alternative for hair regeneration for patients who desire a thick and fuller hair without undergoing any surgery. The non-surgical procedure is highly effective and very safe and a patient may prefer this to undergoing the more invasive transplant procedures. This process is faster and less expensive than surgery but while it is considered effective, if treatment is halted, the outcomes may not be sustained long enough to produce the desired results. However, some common misconceptions still exists as regards the issue of cosmetic and hair transplant surgeries but the truth is simply that these are just two out of the many surgical and non-surgical hair replacement alternatives available for hair regeneration.
According to medical research, non-surgical option in restoring full hair has proven to be more effective and time efficient than surgery due to cost and resources expended. For instance, a patient who’s looking for a good non-surgical transplant can decide to go for the SMP alternative. The scalp micro pigmentation is known as a crucial non-surgical procedure where natural pigments are applied at the epidermal stage of the scalp to reproduce the natural outlook of real and existing hair follicles. However, the scalp method is today seen as the greatest treatment of its kind available in the world which uses only natural pigments and application techniques. So in the event that a potential patient hasn’t got enough natural healthy hair follicles for an intended hair transplant, they should ultimately try and consider this non-surgical standalone micro-pigmentation option. Patients who are unsure about having a permanent procedure like surgical hair transplant surgery Leesville Louisiana will learn of a wide variety of non- surgical hair restoration options to explore. Most importantly, of the more advanced alternatives for non-surgical hair restoration, a superior hair structure appears to be the most natural outlook and unnoticeable choice.
This is a system which practically involves the use of a cautiously crafted piece made of natural hair and then applied on the scalp by an adhesive method. These proven methods are simple and plain and will permanently remain intact even in dynamic circumstances. However, these non-surgical techniques really don’t need any medical procedures as such, but rather, their application is privately carried out in a standard and well equipped setting by a professional stylist whose job is to carefully modify it to match the patient’s existing hair for a more natural outlook. On the other hand, a non-surgical treatment is a non-invasive procedure and so doesn’t envisage any down time when its application is through which is very unlike what is obtainable with the core surgical options. It can also be naturally maintained just like the natural human hair, either with using shampoo and conditioning to ensure it doesn’t prematurely wear out in a short time. So these good alternatives to hair transplantation can invariably provide cosmetic embellishments prior to when the patient’s hair transplant is most likely to result in a satisfactory.
Leesville Louisiana Natural Hair Transplant
Call for an appointment today!
Some Common Q & A’s
Where Can One Get A Cheap Hair Transplant?
No, I don't know where you can get a "cheap" one, but think about it... do you really want a cheap RUG on your head??? I mean hell → it's on top of your head. Everybody's gonna see it & they're certainly gonna be commenting on it. It's like somebody shopping around for a CHEAP FACELIFT. Do you really wanna go that route? Just get a cheap HAT instead. 9:15 pm 10-26-11
Mine Problem Is Hair Loss.Can Sommebody Guide Me How To Treat It.As I Look Much Older Than My Age???Plz Help.?
Check this ouT!
Take good care of your hair! It will add to your charm - who can resist a person with lovely, silky hair? So do try out the above tips! Hope these littles tips have been useful! 🙂
Tips To Stop Hair Loss & Keep Healthy Hair Here are some hair care tips that you can use to help stop hair loss and keep your existing hair healthy and looking great. Please don't take these tips lightly. They are very important . The only thing they require is your time and commitment.
- Massage your scalp with your fingertips (not your nails) daily to stimulate and promote circulation to your scalp and reduce excess fallout. Invert your head while you shampoo & massage your scalp. This helps promote blood circulation to the head.
- Essential oils & tea . To stimulate scalp circulation, massage the scalp with rosemary essential oil or rinse hair with tea made from sage.
- Comb or brush your hair and scalp gently in the morning and at night. This helps break up hardened oils (sebum) that are clogging your hair follicles. Doing this alone has produced new hair growth. Do not over do combing or brushing.
- keep a distance from dryer's heat. When using blow dryers, always keep the heat a good distance from your scalp and hair. Avoid heating the scalp and hair excessively. Excessive heat will increase hair loss, and excess fallout.
- Avoid getting hair creams, lotions, styling gels and sprays directly on the scalp as they will clog your hair follicles. Use a light hold spray if you must.
- After swimming in a pool, shampoo your hair as soon as possible to remove any chlorine residue. Chlorine is extremely damaging to the hair and scalp.
- Avoid over-exposing your hair and scalp to the wind and sun. Good hair care over a long period really makes a difference!
- Avoid tight hats and caps as they contribute to poor circulation, depriving the hair of proper nutrition and stunting new hair growth. The sweat, dirt and grime around the rim inhibit follicle health and contribute to build-up.
- Always consult your health care provider for extreme causes of excess fallout and thinning. A medical condition or medication could be causing hair loss side-effects.
- Strive for balance and harmony in both your personal and professional lifestyle. High stress factors can cause your body to react by fluctuating hormone levels. This in turn causes excessive oil secretion (sebum) which results in hair loss.
- Pregnancy, nursing, menopause, and even birth control medication can cause constant changing factors on your nutritional needs and hormonal levels which contribute to hair loss and excess fallout.
- Avoid "crash and fad" diets. Proper nutritious meals along with vitamin and mineral supplements are a key factor for healthy hair and skin.
- Good hair care starts with awareness. These hair care tips, if followed consistently, will reduce excess fallout, hair loss, and promote new hair growth.
- Reduce hair loss effects by increasing your intake of vitamin C found in fresh fruits and vegetables, particularly citrus fruit and juices, parsley, broccoli, green peppers and black currants. Take a vitamin B complex everyday or brewers yeast. Increase your intake of protein found in meat, fish, liver, wheat germ, dried cooked beans and peas, tofu, cheese, milk and eggs.
- Take dietary supplements such as Vitamin B6, zinc & saw palmetto. Supplements are useful when you can't get enough from natural food sources.
- The Chinese believe that hair is nourished by the blood, and therefore influenced by the kidney & liver. Treatment is aimed at these organs using fleece flower root, wolfberry fruit or mulberry fruit.
- Eliminate stress or else it can be disastrous to your precious hair!
- Get enough sleep. Sleeping well is essential for the health of your hair as well as for the rest of your body.
There are ways you can help stop the grease from appearing but you have to work at it.
Do not wash everyday. The cleaner your hair is the more it can seep into your glands and harder it is to get rid of. When you do wash make sure you are washing with a cleaning shampoo and scrubbing the build up off. Take in mind that you also have to have a ph-balanced mild shampoo and lite scrubbing is recommended. Try to avoid conditioner at the roots, apply in the middle or on the ends.
Try to avoid oil in your daily food intake. And do eat more vegetables. You could visit your doctor but only after you check and consider your diet, drugs, alcohol, and your fatty food intake. Let's face it we see what McDonalds can do to your heart in a month, can you image your hair. You would be dripping everywhere.
Maybe it's time to change your shampoo. Ask your stylist what she or he would recommend. Avoid using shine products at all costs. Keep away from two-in-one shampoos and conditioners and any frizz serums.
To fix at the moment, rub a little Talcum Powder on your dried hair at the roots. Just make sure you wash it out. I wish they would event that magic product, but this will help until they do.
Here are 10 tips for to keep your hair strong, smooth, shiny and beautiful!
1. Keep your diet balanced, and eat protein and calcium rich foods. Stay away from junk foods! This is essential for healthy hair.
2. Foods and supplements to nourish your hair:
* Vitamin B
* And of course, the magic potion for beauty - WATER
3. Before washing your hair, comb it well to make sure all knots has been loosened from your hair.
4. Before applying shampoo, use warm water (35 to 38 degrees Celsius) to run through your hair to rinse and wet it thoroughly.
5. When applying shampoo or conditioner, don't use your fingernails to scrape through your hair. Instead, use your palm and fingertips to massage your scalp and hair gently, in circular motions. This will help the circulation and also help to keep your hair shiny and smooth.
6. After rinsing away all the shampoo, run water over your hair for at least another half a minute (3 minutes is best) to ensure there are no remains of shampoo remaining in your hair, since this will cause a great deal of damage to your scalp.
7. When applying hair treatment products, do so just after you have washed your hair, so that your hair can absorb all the good stuff while it is half wet. This will be the best time for it to absorb nourishment.
8. NEVER go to bed with your hair wet! Hair that is half wet is most easily broken, and if you sleep during this time, your hair will be rubbing against each other, damaging your hair in the most terrible way.
9. Too much pressure may lead to hair loss! Relax... try some good relaxation methods such as soaking in a nice scented bath, listening to music, and eating healthy comfort foods such as strawberries and grapes.
10. Perming and coloring seriously damages your hair. Avoid it as much as possible. Also, when using hair setting products such as gel or putty, use as little as possible, because they hurt your scalp and hair. Wash them out thoroughly afterwards with a shampoo specially created for removing styling products.
Great Deal Of Money Spent On Laser Hair Restoration And No Results?
Ive Been Going To A Hair Restoration Clinic For Just About A Year Now And See No Results . Twice A Week I Go For 15 Minute Laser Treatment Sessions. Also A Great Amount Of Gas Money Has Been Spent Going To In From The Clinic. . . I Am Seeing No Results .
Should I Ask For My Money Back ? What Would Tell Me ?
For The Money Spent On Hair Restoration , I Would Have Been Better Off Getting Human Hair Extensions To Help Thicken And Add Volume.
It depends on the contract you signed with them.
Why not try use a natural wooden comb, it helps you prevent and reverse hair loss, makes hair grow healthier and shinier. Please visit: http://stores.ebay.com.au/natural-care-wood-house_W0QQsspagenameZMEQ3aFQ3aSTQQtZkm
Laser Treatment For Hair Loss...Does Anyone Know If This Really Works?
I Have Looked It Up On The Internet But Wanted To See If I Got Feedback From Someone Who Actually Has Done. Thanks
Yes, laser treatment works! What you need to know is they can't zap it all away in one treatment. I have been thru electrology treatment, prior to laser becoming popular.
I have talked with the electrologist and she says the laser takes care of more area at once than electrology. With electrology it is done one hair follicle at a time. Laser is one patch/area at a time. I am so glad I spent the time and money for electrology. I did my upper lip, chin and eyebrows. I no longer have unsightly hair issues. If I were to have the problem now, I would laser instead of electrology simply because a patch at a time will take less time. The overall expense is about the same.
Medical Hair Restoration, Does It Works?
I dont know, and I always said that if I ever started losing my hair, I would shave it off and go with the shiny dome.
I still have yet to lose my hair, but I went ahead and shaved my head anyway. Dont fight it man. Bald is beautiful, and you will never understand until you can run your hand over your head and it be nice and smooth. What is funny is I have got the thickest head of hair one could imagine.
What Is The Best Products For Hair Restoration?
Well, you can take some vitamins like prenatals and biotin and drink plenty of water, this will ensure that your new hair growth comes out nice and healthy!
As for the hair you already have, I would use some hot oil treatments or the K-pak deep conditioning treatment.
Hope this helps!
Bosley Hair Implant?
I Have Been Contemplating On Bosley Hair Implant. I Still Have Most Of My Hair But I Know I Am Loosing. Has Anyone Who Have Tried The Bosley Can Share With Me His Experience. Is It A Good Option For Someone Who Is Not Bald And Still Has Most Of His Hair.
i have been to bosley 3 times i was damn near completely bald i think they did a good job my last time was back in march so its still has not grown out yet the stuff they did the other 2 times looks pretty good as far as money goes every year most of the time in the summer they have a special price you can get it half off i payed full price the first 2 times 7,000 each time the 1st time was in 02 2nd time in 03 or 04 but the last time i payed 3,600 and you might want to use propecia it works great for me good luck
Solution For Hair Loss?
Is Mane And Tail Shampoo An Effective Solution For Hair Loss?
And What Are Other Solution For Hair Loss?
Hair Loss home remedy treatment is quite effective. Following are some Baldness cure home remedies. Read on for home remedy for Hair Loss:
One of the best home remedies for treating hair loss is to massage your scalp with fingers gently. It will also aid in increasing blood circulation and lend glow to your hair.
Amla oil serves as an excellent tonic for hair conditioning. To prepare amla oil, put some dry pieces of amla in coconut oil and bring to a boil. Apply this oil on the scalp and see the wonderful results.
For nourishing your hair, apply coconut milk all over your scalp and massage it into the hair roots.
Question About Hair Regrowth Of Hair?
A Few Summers Ago I Also Used Ot Keep My Hair In Braids, Although It Was Very Long And Possibly Thick [From My Background Of Black And Puerto Rican] In Summer Of I Would Say 2006 I Had Waved Up My Hair By Going To A Hair Dresser And In Winter It Had Begin To Fall Out Or Break Off, So I Washed It Out And Put It Back And Braids/Weave, But Now That It Is So Short I'M Curious Is My Hair Destined To Stay Short Or Will It Possibly Grow Back If I Keep It In Braids Until This Upcoming Summer And Then Start Just Wearing It Out To Grow Down?
No,... sometimes for some ppl it does, i used to think about that about my hair as well, but remember every time you cut your hair, it is is shock so to say. The best thing i used to get my hair to grow back faster and stronger was Pantene PROV i know its not a top of the line hair product but when i started using this i didn't need anything else. another shampoo is Mane n' Tail. Have you ever heard of Dog and cats shedding their fur. We shed our hair when it dies as well especially in the changing seasons its normal but try those shampoos and see if they work for you. 🙂 Good luck Oh another thing is buy some Hair and Nail Vitamins at your local store take them faithfully.
How Much Is The Hair Transplant?
I Am Planning To Undergo Hair Transplant. Is There Any Other Options Aside From Hair Transplant?
There are other options.
Minoxidil (originally sold as Rogaine) is a liquid you apply to your bald or thinning spots and has helped a lot of men regrow hair. The downside is you have to use it for the rest of your life. If you stop using it, the hair you regrew falls out.
There is also a prescription pill (Propecia), but if you take that you'll never be able to give blood again. You may want to check the side effects on it too.
I've also heard about a laser stimulation treatment that is apparently getting good results. It's not cheap, but it may be less expensive than a hair transplant.
Additional Leesville Info…
Weather in Leesville
Other cities near Leesville Louisiana