Serving Story City and the surrounding areas…
We are local hair restoration experts!
Call now for a free consultation!
Call hours… 24/7
Hair Loss Treatment in Story City
What You Should Do to Find Out About Hair Loss Treatment Before You’re Left Behind
Hair loss is a hard thing for anybody to grapple with, and women specifically. While it is typically thought to be a male problem, it is also something that affects women as well. It is a problem of several people. Hair loss is crucial to avoid, but a lot of people find that it’s difficult, this is a cure to assist.
Hair loss is a typical problem which is frequently experienced by both women and men and can be brought about by quite a few distinct things including poor diet plan and genetics. It is not cured with just a month or two into any treatment. It is not just a simple appearance problem. The loss of hair because of nutrient-deficient condition can be corrected with the correct diet including adequate heights of all important minerals and vitamins.
Hair can start to fall out for a lot of reasons. It can be extremely frustrating and difficult, if you want to quit losing hair, to purchase plenty of different products which do not do the job. Beautiful and healthful hair enhances your personality.
Hair Loss Treatment: No Longer a Mystery
The main cause of hair loss is called androgenetic alopecia. It is one of the most common problems experienced by men and women all over the world. It will probably halt the loss of hair in most of men, but the quantity of regrowth will be dependent on the person.
Humans have tried every imaginable thing to stop hair loss and regrow lost hair. They rubbed the juices of all vegetables and fruits, and extracts of every available herb. Yet, they were unable to find any effective hair growth treatment. Undoubtedly there are numerous natural and herbal treatments for hair growth, but almost all lack systematic studies. If we ever hope to grow hair by natural means, we need to study natural remedies thoroughly. And even those with proven effects need a lot of time and patience to be effective. Another thing that makes natural remedies the least preferred choice in this age of technology is their temporary results. Hairs grown through natural sources do not long last, and start shedding off as soon as the use is discontinued.
For now, we have three types of hair growth treatments that help regrow hair in a natural manner restore a thicker and fuller head of hair. These include medical treatment, laser therapy, and surgical hair restoration.
Medical Hair Growth Treatment
There are a few options available to treat this through medications. Actually, these treatments produce better results if you take them in combination with one another. Let us have a look at these FDA-approved effective hair loss medicines.
• Finasteride: Finasteride is the generic name of the probably most effective hair loss drug. This drug treats hair loss by inhibiting production of hair killing hormone DHT. DHT (dihydrotestosterone) is the most important hormone that signals the hair follicles to die – the most common cause of Androgenic Alopecia or male pattern baldness. To date, inhibiting this hormone is the most effective way to stop hair loss. Besides controlling hair loss, this medication thickens fine hair, and this produces considerable effect.
• Minoxidil: It is the second most effective treatment. It is supplied in the form of a topical solution. Minoxidil is also a generic name; famous brand names of this medication include Rogaine and Hair Max. You need to apply this solution on the scalp twice a day, or as prescribed by the doctor and massage for a few minutes.
• Ketoconazole: This medication is supplied as a shampoo-like solution. This encourages hair growth by keeping the scalp clean from fungus and dandruff. You need to use this as a shampoo twice a week, and leave the leather for 3-5 minutes on your head.
No doubt researchers have studied these medications and found them effective, they are not perfect yet. First, their effectiveness varies from person to person. One may find it very effective while another may find it minimally effective. Second, the effects of all medications are temporary. You will maintain your hair as long as you continue the use of these medications. Whenever you decide to discontinue the treatment, you will lose your hair maintained by these medications. Third, like all other medication, hair loss medication is not without side effects. You must discuss its side effects before starting the treatment.
Low-Level Laser Therapy
Low-level laser is showing some measurable results to stimulate hair growth. Currently, it is regarded as convenient alternative of medication with fewer side effects. However, its effectiveness is an issue of debate. Until now, it is unable to show dramatic improvement in hair density.
Surgical Hair Growth Treatment-Hair Transplant
Hair transplant is to date the most effective treatment to date. It can restore hair on balding places in an effective and predictable manner. Hair transplant extracts healthy, balding resistant hair follicles form one area of the head and plants them to the balding areas. Not all hairs on our head are prone to balding. While the hair at the front and crown of the head are prone to hair loss, hair at the sides and back of the head are resistant to it. This procedure makes excellent use of these hair reserves on our head.
• Follicular Unit Transplant: Also known as the strip removal method, FUT excises a strip of scalp, usually from the back of the head, and dissects is to obtain required hair follicles. The wound is stitched together and the grafts obtained from the strip and implanted on the thinning or bald areas.
• Follicular Unit Extraction: FUE is a relatively newer and more advanced technique replacing the traditional strip removal method. This technique involves extracting the hair follicles directly from the scalp, without cutting and stitching the scalp. The follicles are extracted using a specially designed punch tool with diameter less than 0.1 mm. What makes FUE a more preferred choice of surgeons and patients is its ability to extract hair follicles form body areas like chest, armpits, and legs as well.
• Stem Cell FUE: Stem Cell FUE is the latest advancement in FUE hair transplant. It is the quickest, safest and the most effective hair transplant technique to date. It uses an automated punch tool for extraction of hair follicles at the fastest possible speed. It also allows hair regrowth at the donor area, thus ensuring the most natural looking results.
A hair transplant has only one limitation: the availability of donor hair. At present, there is no way to create new hair follicles; therefore, the patient must have healthy, balding resistant hair follicles somewhere on the scalp or the body. Fortunately, most of us have enough donor hair on the scalp or on the body to create a dramatic improvement in hair density.
Video: Mens Hair Restoration in Story City
The Psychology of Hair Loss in Teenagers and Young Adults
In the late teens, an individual is dealing with pubertal and post pubertal physiologic changes, the challenges of seeing the world with a new eye, the loss of innocence, school, pressure form peers and social groups etc. These in themselves are psychological stressors that define and shape our humanity. The manner in which we cope with these early stressors have the potential for defining who we become for the remainder of our lives. Adding hair loss to that burden in a teenager’s life can have far reaching consequences. There is potential for it to result in depression, social withdrawal and even paranoia. An individual whose development is influenced by these additional stressors would be at a disadvantage in all realms of life.
Hair Restoration Surgery In Teenage and Young Adults – What Could Go Wrong?
A young patient considering a hair transplant in Story City Iowa should always remember that transplanted hairs are permanent, while the hair they currently have is temporary as the hair loss would progress with age. Because the extent and rate of hair loss progression cannot be predicted, planning a hair transplant can be tricky. If this is not taken into account a hair transplant would potentially result in an odd hair pattern which results after a transplant that initially merged into adjacent pre-existing hairlines assumes an odd look. This would occur when the previously blended pre-existing hairline progressively receded to create a bald gap between it and the transplanted hairs. To correct this, more hair transplants would be required to bridge the gap. However, this odd pattern might not be remediable if:
1. The patient runs out of donor hair. This is especially a problem in patients with severe baldness, or when the transplanted hairline was placed too aggressively
2. The patient cannot financially afford the cost of further procedures
3. Body hair cannot be used either because the doctors at the patients’ disposal lack the experience, skill or the technology required to perform successful FUE transplant using body hair (BHT) consistently. In some patients, however, BHT is not conceivable on account of an absolute lack of body and beard hair. There is a great deal of inter ethic variation in the quality and quantity of body hair in individuals.
Hair Transplant Repair Options for Victims of Hair Transplants Performed at Young Age
Unless the hair transplant on a young patient involved the creation of a very conservative hairline, the first challenge in most of these patients is the depletion of head donor hair supply often compounded by the presence of follicular unit strip surgery and / or FUE scars. In these head donor depleted patients, a successful and credible repair and restoration work would necessitate the use of beard and body hairs in BHT repair work. Donor source in BHT can include facial hair as well as hairs from the torso and limbs. A recent 122 patient study published in the Aesthetic surgery journal describes the criteria for determining the suitability of BHT donor hair. What more, the study described the kinds of features an FUE equipment used in BHT should possess. Younger patients destined for severe baldness should begin incorporating beard and body hair earlier on in their hair transplantation odyssey. With proper planning, requisite doctor experience and skill as well as the proper utensils it is indeed possible to execute a successful FUE repair in young victims of ill-conceived hair restoration surgeries Story City IA that were performed at a young age.
Story City Iowa Hair Treatment for Hair Loss
Call for an appointment today!
Some Common Q & A’s
Are Hair Regrowth Products Permanent?
Google: Glossary of Hair Loss Terms. There are 179 entries in this glossary. Stress is just one of the 179 listed.
Again, a simple rule of thumb: Look for the American Hair Loss Association seal when considering purchasing any product or service to treat your hair loss.
> > > ONE treatment called DNCB -- applying an ointment that burns the scalp in hopes of stimulating hair growth. It was a treatment so painful that her head was at times left feeling raw.
Negative experienced: Advance Hair Studio - Fraud Company posted 1-8-12 & others.
According Dr. Melissa Piliang, a dermatologist at the Cleveland Clinic. Americans spent an estimated $176 million on hair loss products last year, and chances are some of that money was not well spent.
Google: Hair growth caused other men nationwide in class-action lawsuits. About 1,640,000 results (0.10 second.
Are There Any Women Out There Who Have Had Hair Transplants?
What Is The Procedure, Average Cost, Maintenance, Do They Eventually Fall Or Break Out? Do They Damage Your Hair? Do You Have To Go Back For Maintenance And If So What Do They Do?:
My friend had hair transplants. I think they are expensive and quite costly !!!You have to go for regular maintenance though !!!
Is Hair Transplant Surgery Much Better Than It Was Years Ago?
I Am Thinking Of Going To Transitions Or Hair Club For Men To Have The Receded Portion Filled In. Are They Both About The Same? Does Anyone Have Anything Bad To Say About Their Experience With Either Of Them?
I suggest doing a lot more research. There are currently two methods used to harvest the hair to transplant, the older strip extraction surgery which evolved from the punch graft method and the newer FUE(follicular unit extraction) also known as the Wood's Technique. Current research is along two lines:
1) propagating a ready supply of hair to transplant in the lab.
2) injecting stem cells into the scalp in the thinning areas. The stem cells are taken from hair on the back and sides that is programmed not to thin and will revive the hair that has thinned to fine nearly invisible vellus hair in the bald/thinned regions.
Male Hair Loss Treatment?
as we know - hair loss can be caused by many different reasons! There are many causes of loss of hair such as stress, poor nutrition ,medications, thyroid dysfunctions, illness, fungal infections ,hormonal problems, to mention a few.
year ago my husband suffered very much from dandruff and hair loss too and he started trying everything you can imagine to stop his hair loss. the things that really worked for him was:
1) Vitamin A - an anti-oxidant which promotes healthy production of sebum in the scalp;
2) Vitamin E stimulates circulation. Good blood circulation in the scalp is important in keeping hair follicles productive. The 'B' vitamins contribute to melanin, which gives hair its healthy color and also stimulates blood circulation;
3) massage is also beneficial. Massage stimulates circulation. As already noted, good circulation in the scalp keeps hair follicles active. Experts suggest a few minutes of daily head massage by hand. Circulation through massage may be improved by using a few drops of lavender or bay essential oil in an almond or sesame oil base with massage;
4) Try rubbing your scalp with garlic juice, Onion Juice or Ginger Juice (you can either of one out of three, Do not mix any of two or three);
5) also he used herbal treatment - TrichoZed and Provilluss (do not use Rogaine - it will not work!)
Those are a good products that helps prevent hair loss and contains Biotin and the clinically tested ingredients approved by the FDA to help re-grow your hair.! I think it is very important!
It worked and still works for him!
I do not know if any pharmacies carry TrichoZed and Provillus but I do know that you should purchase it directly from the manufacturer and read more about the product here
(TrichoZed™ will produce noticeable hair growth in 30 to 45 days. A consistent use of TrichoZed™ ensures permanent results within 6 months. Further use shall maintain optimal health of your hair.)
(Provillus™ will produce noticeable hair growth in 40. A consistent use of TrichoZed™ ensures permanent results within ~5 months.)
It enhances hair growth by blocking DHT (Dihydrotestostrone) - a major cause of hair loss!
Also Informative video about Provillus - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ydvCHhbR...
not only my husband`s own personal experience + working as a family physician
Treatment For Hair Loss?
Hi, I Am 26. I Have Noticed That My Hair On My Forehead Are Fading After All Those Intensive Study For The Certified Public Accountant License. So, I Did Some Research On Hair Loss Treatment, And Found That &Quot;Spectral Dnc Hair Loss Treatment With Minoxidil&Quot; And &Quot;Regenepure Dr Scalp Treatment Anti Hair Loss And Dandruff Shampoo Topical With Ketoconazole &Quot; Are Highly Recommended. Have Anyone Else Tried Those Products? Any Though On Them? Thx.
Hair loss is a very common problem among people. In most cases abnormal loosing of hair is a sign of health problems. What is abnormal loosing of hair? Do not panic if you loose from 50 to 100 hair per day – this is normal. If you clearly lose more or you see hairless spots on your head – see your doctor.
So 50-100 strands of hair loss is totally normal and in limits, but if you still want to have stronger hair against hair loss, i advice you to check the following web page, where you can find recent best 10 shampoos that help you to recover from your hair loss problem and they are really great. The page ALSO has information about the possible reasons of hair loss.
I advice you to give Nioxin a try. In the web page above you will also find some other information than just shampoos, such as how to prevent hair loss and what are the common reasons of it..
Also i advice you to check the Bosley company, you will see their link in the web page above, where you can get free consultation with Bosley Medical physician, they are hair loss experts and one of the best world wide and the consults are totally free of charge and you will get the correct information without spending a dime and then decide your next step.
Easy access to bosley company below
Hope this can help you.
Isn't It Funny Hair Restoration Bosley Commercial Doctor Is Bald?
Doctor Endorses Hair Restoration And He Got No Hair Wtf?
That IS pretty ironic!
What Is The Best Hair Treatment For Regrowth Lost Hair?
Know the 'cause' before you find 'solution' and your hair loss will improve.
According Dr. Melissa Piliang, a dermatologist at the Cleveland Clinic. Americans spent an estimated $176 million on hair loss products last year, and chances are some of that money was not well spent. Don’t let charming salon owners, seductive ads or fancy gimmicks convince you otherwise.
CNN, Slate, Consumer Reports, MSN, YAHOO have posted them online for years how people spend $20 billion per year on vitamins and supplements. According to Everyday Health, here's an article that will tell you why . . . those PRODUCTS by any other name do NOT WORK. It is false advertisements.
Google: Hair growth lawsuits. Hair growth caused other men nationwide in class-action lawsuits. About 1,640,000 results (0.10 second. Jan. 24, 2011.
Google: Hair regrowth firm gets the treatment as client sees no fringe benefits. University student Raymond Bayssari, 20, who despite boasting a head of hair most bald men dream about, was awarded a $1305 immediate refund after a tribunal found Mr Bayssari's hair had not regrown. Published 8-23-12.
In April, 2012, the FDA issued changes to the Propecia label that included additional sexual side effects, including ejaculation disorders, libido disorders and orgasm disorders. The label also noted that some men experienced those side effects long after stopping the drug, which could indicate the problems may be permanent in some cases. That notice was followed up by news reports at the American Academy of Family Physicians and news outlets alerting men to the potential risks associated with Propecia.
Here's a new one: "Hair loss clinic fined over wig claims" A ''CUTTING EDGE'' hair loss clinic that says it can cure baldness in fact hands out cheap wigs to cover bald spots. 5-31-13.
Google: Glued wig costs 'hair-growth' company 7-10-13.
FDA can’t track down all of these fraudulent products, so consumers need to beware of unapproved products that make false claims. When in doubt about a product, talk to your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care professional.
Fue (Hair Surgury) Hair Fall Out After This?
Hi I Wanted To Ask If After A Follical Graft Surgury Or Hair Restoration Sugruy Your Hair Will Fall Back Out? Becuse The Surgury Is To Restore Hair Mainly For People With Genetic Hair Loss Which Results From Dht , But Wont The Dht Make The New Follicles Implanted Fall Out As Well?
FUE Hair Surgery is a SUBJECT "All its OWN" AND Really needs 2 Be Discussed with a PROFESSIONAL (DOCTOR) ! ! !
Hair Loss Options?
Im 35 And Losing My Hair And I Wanna Know What Treatments Are Out There For Balding. Im Thinking About A Hair Transplant Cause I Got The Money For It. Does A Hair Transplant Come Out Good?
There are severeal forms of baldenss. If it is male pattern baldness (Androgenetic alopecia) then the hairloss cannot be fully cured in mostcases, but just frozen for some time with the treatments availiable on market today.
1) Hair transplant (FUE technology) creates really natural hairline, no scars, the best way to go if you have enough donor hair and money of course.
2. Propecia (Finasteride) and Minoxidil are the only ones approved by FDA and proven to work in most men so far.
But before you consider to start propecia you must really study about the side effects. It can mess your hormones real bad if you are not
lucky, so you must choose, hair or these side effects. Quite a big perecent have these side effects, more than Merck - the company that holds
Propecia trademark is saying. see www.propeciahelp.com
Generic Propecia (finasteride) is also ok. I use it with same results, and unfortunately same sides(a bit dry feeling in the scalp) as brand propecia. Have tried lots of herbal c..p before it and laser combs, so far the only thing that prevents my hairloss, not much regrowth, but has stopped my hairloss completely.
I buy from this pharmacy for the last 2 years - http://www.1rx.biz/generic_propecia.html . It is under $1 per pill as I buy the 90 pills. (89$ for 90)
Can One Get A Hair Implant Surgery Done When One Has A Diseased Scalp?
Well I M Having A Skin Disease On My Scalp....Now I Am Kind Of Bald.......So Can I Undergo A Hair Implant??
well if you have a skin disease, you should probably wait until the disease is cured. mainly just because you can get hair implants, but if the disease is still attacking your scalp, then you may just have ended up wasting all the time and money jsut to be bald again. not to mention you may risk infection.
see a good dermatologist for treatment and then get a referral to a good plastic surgon to help with the hair. In the mean time buy a wig
Additional Story City Info…
Weather in Story City
Other cities near Story City Iowa