We are local hair restoration experts!
Call now for a free consultation!
Call hours… 24/7
Humans have tried every imaginable thing to stop hair loss and regrow lost hair. They rubbed the juices of all vegetables and fruits, and extracts of every available herb. Yet, they were unable to find any effective hair growth treatment. Undoubtedly there are numerous natural and herbal treatments for hair growth, but almost all lack systematic studies. If we ever hope to grow hair by natural means, we need to study natural remedies thoroughly. And even those with proven effects need a lot of time and patience to be effective. Another thing that makes natural remedies the least preferred choice in this age of technology is their temporary results. Hairs grown through natural sources do not long last, and start shedding off as soon as the use is discontinued.
For now, we have three types of hair growth treatments that help regrow hair in a natural manner restore a thicker and fuller head of hair. These include medical treatment, laser therapy, and surgical hair restoration.
Medical Hair Growth Treatment
There are a few options available to treat this through medications. Actually, these treatments produce better results if you take them in combination with one another. Let us have a look at these FDA-approved effective hair loss medicines.
• Finasteride: Finasteride is the generic name of the probably most effective hair loss drug. This drug treats hair loss by inhibiting production of hair killing hormone DHT. DHT (dihydrotestosterone) is the most important hormone that signals the hair follicles to die – the most common cause of Androgenic Alopecia or male pattern baldness. To date, inhibiting this hormone is the most effective way to stop hair loss. Besides controlling hair loss, this medication thickens fine hair, and this produces considerable effect.
• Minoxidil: It is the second most effective treatment. It is supplied in the form of a topical solution. Minoxidil is also a generic name; famous brand names of this medication include Rogaine and Hair Max. You need to apply this solution on the scalp twice a day, or as prescribed by the doctor and massage for a few minutes.
• Ketoconazole: This medication is supplied as a shampoo-like solution. This encourages hair growth by keeping the scalp clean from fungus and dandruff. You need to use this as a shampoo twice a week, and leave the leather for 3-5 minutes on your head.
No doubt researchers have studied these medications and found them effective, they are not perfect yet. First, their effectiveness varies from person to person. One may find it very effective while another may find it minimally effective. Second, the effects of all medications are temporary. You will maintain your hair as long as you continue the use of these medications. Whenever you decide to discontinue the treatment, you will lose your hair maintained by these medications. Third, like all other medication, hair loss medication is not without side effects. You must discuss its side effects before starting the treatment.
Low-Level Laser Therapy
Low-level laser is showing some measurable results to stimulate hair growth. Currently, it is regarded as convenient alternative of medication with fewer side effects. However, its effectiveness is an issue of debate. Until now, it is unable to show dramatic improvement in hair density.
Surgical Hair Growth Treatment-Hair Transplant
Hair transplant is to date the most effective treatment to date. It can restore hair on balding places in an effective and predictable manner. Hair transplant extracts healthy, balding resistant hair follicles form one area of the head and plants them to the balding areas. Not all hairs on our head are prone to balding. While the hair at the front and crown of the head are prone to hair loss, hair at the sides and back of the head are resistant to it. This procedure makes excellent use of these hair reserves on our head.
• Follicular Unit Transplant: Also known as the strip removal method, FUT excises a strip of scalp, usually from the back of the head, and dissects is to obtain required hair follicles. The wound is stitched together and the grafts obtained from the strip and implanted on the thinning or bald areas.
• Follicular Unit Extraction: FUE is a relatively newer and more advanced technique replacing the traditional strip removal method. This technique involves extracting the hair follicles directly from the scalp, without cutting and stitching the scalp. The follicles are extracted using a specially designed punch tool with diameter less than 0.1 mm. What makes FUE a more preferred choice of surgeons and patients is its ability to extract hair follicles form body areas like chest, armpits, and legs as well.
• Stem Cell FUE: Stem Cell FUE is the latest advancement in FUE hair transplant. It is the quickest, safest and the most effective hair transplant technique to date. It uses an automated punch tool for extraction of hair follicles at the fastest possible speed. It also allows hair regrowth at the donor area, thus ensuring the most natural looking results.
A hair transplant has only one limitation: the availability of donor hair. At present, there is no way to create new hair follicles; therefore, the patient must have healthy, balding resistant hair follicles somewhere on the scalp or the body. Fortunately, most of us have enough donor hair on the scalp or on the body to create a dramatic improvement in hair density.
One of the most difficult conclusions for an addict to come to is to realize they are in need of treatment. They absolutely need to come to a full understanding about their addiction and accept the fact that they need a treatment program that will help them on their journey to recovery. All too often the addicted person is unable to recognize their addiction for what it is. This can be very frustrating for the family as they watch their loved one be consumed and enslaved by their addiction, unwilling to recognize they need professional help.
Whether it’s alcohol, drugs, food, nicotine or anything else you can think of that can become an addiction, the consuming thoughts and lifestyle are never healthy, nor do they produce a positive experience in the long term. Often times, as in the case of drugs and alcohol addiction, it can become life threatening. If you or someone you love struggle with addiction, the best thing you can do is get professional help as soon as possible. There are many inpatient treatment facilities available that offer a secure and supportive environment and will deal with the heart of the addiction.
Making the decision to seek professional care with an inpatient rehabilitation center will take a lot of commitment on behalf of the person in need of treatment. While there are many benefits from attending an inpatient rehab verses seeking outpatient care, it can be a difficult decision based on the needs and personal responsibilities of the addict. Inpatient treatment can last anywhere from 30, 60 to even 90 days depending on the advice of the counseling staff. Residential programs are also available for those who may need an extended care program for up to 1 year.
While inpatient and residential care programs tend to be more expensive than outpatient treatment, there are many benefits to the patient. Around-the-clock care is typically available, providing ample supervision and support. Inpatient facilities typically provide structure, freeing the patient from outside distractions and the possibility of relapsing further into their addiction. While participating in inpatient care, the patient will be subject to a community of individuals who are also seeking sobriety. Close connections can be established with other recovering individuals and this support is vital in the long term.
If you or someone you love is addicted to drugs or alcohol, it is important to have them speak with a professional as soon as possible. The goal should be to get them into a drug or alcohol program that will greatly assist them on their journey to recovery.